What is preventing you from getting a BlackBerry 10 device. Don't have certain apps? Money? Lack of trackpad (as of now)? What is it I'm curious?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 11:49 PM
    My contract isn't up till June. Simple.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    JesseBabe23 and spikesolie like this.
    03-06-14 12:36 AM
    I have a BB10 device but switched back to BBOS because I do not want any code whatsoever from Google Inc on my device. If I had the option of removing the Android runtime from my device i'd go back to my Q10 full-on.
    03-06-14 01:54 AM
    I think a similar question was asked a week or two ago by another forum member so I'll just repeat what I said then:

I'm due an upgrade in September but will most likely stick with my 9810. The reasons are, I like the device, the OS, BIS and all the features that come with it when bridged to my Playbook. I would also take advantage of the lower monthly cost of sticking with my current handset.
    acovey likes this.
    03-06-14 02:16 AM
    You better check your legacy device's About section. There's Android based code even in the OS7 devices. Code is code and is Google is responsible for putting together a decent piece of code then so be it.

Your argument is tantamount to saying you won't print from a Linux machine because Apple was a major contributor to CUPS.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 05:11 AM
    Recently my friend dropped his iPhone5 for Z10. We had a conversation in a company of iPhone users about this. It was like this:
    - I've sold my IPhone!
    - What do you have now? Android?
    - No.
    - Then what???

That moment I understood, that people don't even aknowledge the existance of BB10.

Update: wrote this post, and only then understood, that this about OS7, not iOS7 lol

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 05:57 AM
    What is preventing you from getting a BlackBerry 10 device. Don't have certain apps? Money? Lack of trackpad (as of now)? What is it I'm curious?

Posted via CB10
    Is it so hard to believe that some people can still love their legacy device and attached services in 2014?

Some carriers still sell Legacy but stopped selling BB10 devices. Here's 3 Mobile UK.

Question for OS7 users-imageuploadedbycb-forums1394109663.408964.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    03-06-14 06:41 AM
    Belfast do you still have a legacy phone?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 07:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just do a search on his posts...
    03-06-14 07:46 AM
    A little with all that BlackBerry 10 has evolved and all the new apps, features and updates they've added I really don't understand how they can choose os7 over 10. Not to mention I don't even see carriers selling the more advanced os7 devices (9900 for instince).
    03-06-14 07:51 AM
    A little with all that BlackBerry 10 has evolved and all the new apps, features and updates they've added I really don't understand how they can choose os7 over 10. Not to mention I don't even see carriers selling the more advanced os7 devices (9900 for instince).
    Hope this will change with Z3 launch.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 07:57 AM
    My explanation is simple, it's not because BB10 is not good, it's because BB10 is not what most people expect from a blackberry.

Sure BB10 gives you more, but the problem it it took even more away making it a very hard if not impossible transition for a lot of blackberry users.

RJB55, bbq10l and acovey like this.
    03-06-14 07:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    I do yes, several, I use a Pearl 3G at the moment.

BoldPreza likes this.
    03-06-14 07:58 AM
    Me 2

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:14 AM
    Just do a search on his posts...
    I'm confused because his sig always says sent from an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:43 AM
    I'm confused because his sig always says sent from an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Because I have an iphone as well.

03-06-14 08:44 AM
    Because I have an iphone as well.

How did you respond so fast???!?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:44 AM
    How did you respond so fast???!?

Posted via CB10
    Like this .......

03-06-14 08:46 AM
    I'm stuck with OS6... (using a 9300) but I'd upgrade to a BB10 device (eyeing the Q10) if only I could afford it. Actually, I know many who are curious about BB10 but are put off with the price. Only the Z (425 USD!) and Q10 (673 USD!) are sold in the malls at rather high prices. All BB10 devices are available online for way cheaper prices but majority are not yet comfortable with online transactions.
    If only it's priced right, I'm sure people will start upgrading. I'm actually starting to see some Z10s out in the wild. Already 2 (out of 120) of my classmates have a Z10 which I believe is already a huge improvement.
    03-06-14 09:45 AM
    You better check your legacy device's About section. There's Android based code even in the OS7 devices. Code is code and is Google is responsible for putting together a decent piece of code then so be it.

Your argument is tantamount to saying you won't print from a Linux machine because Apple was a major contributor to CUPS.

Posted via CB10
    Wow you're right, man did you just screw up my day. I have to start looking into this. I wonder if there's a platform left in the mobile market not using Google code whatsoever? It almost seems not.

Your Apple argument sounds valid on the outside, but the difference is data mining isn't the utomost core function of Apple Inc nor are they an "advertising company first, a services company second." I can't express how much disdain I have for Google and anything involved with them. It's just a paranoid fool talking, in that I'm convinced anything that has their name anywhere near it is there to mine some sort of data, whatever statistic or metric it could be while serving it's given function at the same time, and simply put that's one company I don't want to have anything from me that I can actively stop, no matter how insignificant.
    03-06-14 12:41 PM
    Wow you're right, man did you just screw up my day. I have to start looking into this. I wonder if there's a platform left in the mobile market not using Google code whatsoever? It almost seems not.

Your Apple argument sounds valid on the outside, but the difference is data mining isn't the utomost core function of Apple Inc nor are they an "advertising company first, a services company second." I can't express how much disdain I have for Google and anything involved with them. It's just a paranoid fool talking, in that I'm convinced anything that has their name anywhere near it is there to mine some sort of data, whatever statistic or metric it could be while serving it's given function at the same time, and simply put that's one company I don't want to have anything from me that I can actively stop, no matter how insignificant.
    The android runtime doesn't mine data for Google tho (; it's an emulator.. it's the same reason BlackBerry can't have Google play installed ah

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 01:02 PM
    The main reason I'm still using my 9900 is that the contract isn't up yet. Come December my 3 year contract will finally be up and I'll probably upgrade to a BB10 device.

There are a few things that might hold me back : I really like the full playbook bridge features with an OS 7 device. i still use my Playbook heavily. Another thing is I'm worried that some of my mailboxes might not work on a non-BIS device if the native non-BIS mail on my Playbook is an indicator. I have many email accounts from a variety of work and personal sources and I would hate not to have all of them on my phone. The 9900 has been a great device for email which is probably the heaviest use of my phone.

acovey likes this.
    03-06-14 03:09 PM
    The main reason I'm still using my 9900 is that the contract isn't up yet. Come December my 3 year contract will finally be up and I'll probably upgrade to a BB10 device.

There are a few things that might hold me back : I really like the full playbook bridge features with an OS 7 device. i still use my Playbook heavily. Another thing is I'm worried that some of my mailboxes might not work on a non-BIS device if the native non-BIS mail on my Playbook is an indicator. I have many email accounts from a variety of work and personal sources and I would hate not to have all of them on my phone. The 9900 has been a great device for email which is probably the heaviest use of my phone.

Will you need your Playbook when you get a phone with a five inch screen? Since no other platform offers BIS what are you going to do ? I think you are held back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-06-14 03:43 PM

Any and all Google code is verboten? Might want to stay off of OS 6/7/7.1, they have Webkit browsers.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 05:03 PM
    I have a 9810 and the reasons I still have it.

1. Still in the last year of an old 3 year contract
    2. Blackberry has not built a BB10 phone I'm interested in. Want a big screen slider but will look at Q20
    3. Happy with BIS not sure if data on BB10 will be extensive. Current plan has 500MB
    4. NEED physical keyboard, belt (trackpad) and a large screen (bigger than 9810) PLEASE

I want/need the best of both worlds
    03-06-14 05:23 PM
31 12