Sprint has one of the industry�s best open door policies when it comes to releasing their new handsets. A great example is their CTIA announcement where they stated:

�The BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone will be available later this month online at Sprint, through Sprint Telesales, Sprint business sales channels and retail locations for as low as $179.99 with a two-year service agreement, a $170 instant savings credit and $100 mail-in-rebate.�

�Later this month� has been known to change into �later this quarter� and �whenever the **** we want!� So instead of racking our brains trying to decipher exactly what sprint meant it is better just to list the facts.

Fact 1 � The phone has been delayed! Why? The Sprint TV portion of the phone was not working correctly and they did not want angry customers like they had over the botched LG Rumor Release.

This is neither rumor nor speculation and came directly from:
    Amy Schiska-Lombard, 913-794-2947
    [email protected]
    or
    Brodeur (for RIM)
    Marisa Conway, 212-515-1924
    [email protected]

Fact 2 � Sprint releases their new handsets and Rate Plans at the beginning of every new rebate period. The current rebate period is 04/20/08 � 06/28/08. This does not mean that they will be releasing the Curve at the beginning of their next rebate period. All it means is that you ALWAYS CHECK THE REBATE FORMS!

Fact 3 � On the current Sprint Rebate Form it has listed the following phones:
    Blackberry 8330
    Pro 200 by Sanyo
    Pro 700 by Sanyo
    Z400 by Samsung
    Low and behold� None of these were released on 04/20/08. Bottom line� The Blackberry 8330 Curve will be released before 06/28/08.

Fact 4 � The handsets are shipped to the warehouse so naturally Telesales and the Sprint.com Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, and Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint get them first! But WAIT... There is more! Sprint cannot list them on their website until BrightPoint and their corporate stores have them in stock ready to sell. The ones that get them last are the indirect dealers and the mom & pop shops because they have to get them from their master agents and they get them from BrightPoint.

Fact 5 � If you want to know if the Curve is close to launching then ask the following question:�Does Ensemble or FDT show if the warehouse has created the SKU for the 8330?�
    The answer as of today� NO, they have not!

The reason why sites listing the phone for presale is that they ship directly from Sprint�s warehouse through a process called �FAST� or �VAD� ordering! This means that on the day the Curve is released they will be shipping all Pre-Activated and Pre-Upgraded handsets.
    04-22-08 06:58 PM
    1. I would like to see the document backing that those two people said that the delay is because of whatever reason. The only thing I can find on them is where they are introducing the phone and it's spec's. I tried to email Amy and never got a response back (guessing that she's getting a lot)

2. You stated that Sprint releases new stuff at the begining of each rebate period but yet the begining is over so there's not going to be anything new this period?

3. How is it that no one has a real answer? I mean I've worked in retail for 7 years (back in the day) and now I'm in logistics so Sprint should be able to figure out where their phones are, when they will be shipping, and when they will arrive at the stores. Why is there such a lack of communication between Sprint and it's partners?

Not trying to sound rude but I guess we just would like some rock solid answers and I can't figure out any reason why they can't be provided. Thank you in advance for any more information you can provide.
    04-23-08 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD