1st Off I would like to thank the Mobile Nation's Team for keeping me entertained and thank you Ashley for making me look forward to Monday. So I write to ask a Simple question. We Have CrackBerry, Imore, WP central, Android and EVEN WebOS, Where is Symbian? Nokia has not only made Amazing phones for Windows they even have their own OS, Most Americans have NEVER even heard of Symbian much less seen one, I have added a few Screen shots to show you some Highlights on Symbian. Nokia was really the 1st App phone. I had an app called flipsilent on my Nokia N95 back in 2007, Samsung JUST recently released the same app and people here in america loved it, Nokia has a lot of experience, Symbian was HUGE a few years ago in fact it still is huge over seas, Below are my fav features of Nokia, I think Mobile Nation's should consider bringing Symbian on board, Symbian is dying and loosing another option in this crazy market always sucks. Lets help bring Symbian Back or introduce America to Symbian, We are bringing back WP,BB and trying to revive WebOS. Remember here in America we love our Pics and Videos and Nothing takes Pictures or Videos better then a NOKIA
    1st Picture is my Clock (READ IT The Time is 2:22) A lot of people like my simple clock
    Question for Mobile Nations ? ? ? ? ?-voicescreenshot_20121111142211.png2nd, 3rd Pictures 4th is a Video (When Viewing my Pics/Vids in Gallery it shows the MegaPixels and Video Quality above the pic/vid)
    Question for Mobile Nations ? ? ? ? ?-voicescreenshot_2012111803123.pngQuestion for Mobile Nations ? ? ? ? ?-voicescreenshot_20121111142154.pngQuestion for Mobile Nations ? ? ? ? ?-voicescreenshot_2012111803037.pngThe 5th - 10th Pics show a Battery usage Statistics app built by Nokia
    Question for Mobile Nations ? ? ? ? ?-voicescreenshot_20121111142223.pngQuestion for Mobile Nations ? ? ? ? ?-voicescreenshot_20121111142229.pngQuestion for Mobile Nations ? ? ? ? ?-voicescreenshot_20121111142235.pngQuestion for Mobile Nations ? ? ? ? ?-voicescreenshot_20121111142241.pngQuestion for Mobile Nations ? ? ? ? ?-voicescreenshot_20121111142248.png
    The Next Picture is something I find very useful, When ever I try to tap in between a word to correct it I always have problems getting the cursor in the correct spot, When doing this in My Symbian you can see 2 arrows apeard at the bottom of the screen where u can use them to navigate better (They only appear when it notices that u are trying to move the cursor)Question for Mobile Nations ? ? ? ? ?-voicescreenshot_20121111142436.png
    There are many others but I hope this post makes you want to at least give Symbian a shot.
    Mobile Nations Please Sleep on this 1
    12-11-12 01:49 PM
    And there was an app called email on blackberry in the 90's
    12-11-12 02:04 PM
    We used to have Nokia Experts but it has long since been put to rest - Everything Nokia, S60, and more! | Nokia Experts
    Jonathank likes this.
    12-11-12 02:16 PM
    You say that and yet in the last IDC numbers, Symbian was outselling WP7/8 combined quite handily.
    12-11-12 02:20 PM
    SMART phone experts. Those were the days.... I was such a long time lurker on that before I signed up
    12-11-12 02:20 PM
    You say that and yet in the last IDC numbers, Symbian was outselling WP7/8 combined quite handily.
    He didn't say nokia was put to rest. Nokia as a part of this network of sites has been put to rest
    12-11-12 02:21 PM
    I have found memories of my last symbian phone, Nokia E61, built like a tank.

I think Symbian never got the hardware it deserved, could've been so much more.

I hope it makes a come back eventually.

Cool Symbian things I remember: you could go to nokia app site on your computer, click on an app and the app would install on your phone.
    Another cool symbian feature I had in a small symbian sports Nokia phone, after a message could come in I could slap the phone twice and it would start reading my messages to me using tts. Very handy when on a motorbike with a bluetooth helmet headset.

Symbian def had some cool things about it.
    12-11-12 02:23 PM
    Pretty sure my Treo had apps before Symbian.
    12-11-12 02:25 PM
    My first two phones were nokia as you can see in my signature. My 3360 still gives me fond memories. I remember in those days the race was who can make the smallest phone.
    Jonathank likes this.
    12-11-12 02:28 PM
    Cool Symbian things I remember: you could go to nokia app site on your computer, click on an app and the app would install on your phone.
    Windows Phone 8, Android, iOS all have this. RIM sorta has it as I'm sure you're already aware.
    12-11-12 03:07 PM
    I have found memories of my last symbian phone, Nokia E61, built like a tank.

I think Symbian never got the hardware it deserved, could've been so much more.

I hope it makes a come back eventually.

Another cool symbian feature I had in a small symbian sports Nokia phone, after a message could come in I could slap the phone twice and it would start reading my messages to me using tts. Very handy when on a motorbike with a bluetooth helmet headset.

Symbian def had some cool things about it.

I had an E61 - it was a beauty - especially after my treo 600 and then 650 which were absolute junk - the amount of calls where I was left standing there shouting "hello hello?" because the call has just died - at the start I was so over the moon - wow! Palm OS AND phonecalls? amazing!
    12-11-12 03:11 PM
    38.4 megapixels on the third picture according to caption. Sign me up for a nokia DSLR
    12-11-12 03:38 PM