I have been a Torch 2 user since last September. Approaching 1 year anniversary of my first time owning a BBerry.

Things I love about my TORCH:
    1)QWERTY (Must have for me. In an era full of touchscreen keyboards that can't keep up with my fingers or correctly interpret what I want to type, nothing beats a classic qwerty).

2)TrackPad. I formerly had the Samsung Epix which was a Windows Smartphone. It's trackpad was actually a mousepad with an onscreen mouse (similar to the mouse used in the BB internet browser except it was on the entire phone just like a PC. You could turn off the mouse feature by holding down a shortcut button and then you could easily navigate around the phone just like you can with the Torch). I loved that feature the most on my Epix and the BBerry's trackpad was the closest thing any competitor had to it.

Things I wish it had:
    1) Not really anything blackberry can do, but I wish more app developers made more apps on the BB platform. Hated not being able to play Draw Something or Words with Friends with my bros and sis on their iPhones and Droids. Also the fact that there is no Nike+ compatibility.

---

Now with all that being said, I haven't read much about Blackberry in the mainstream news except terrible things of how the company is losing its market share here in the USA and is going downhill. Makes me worried because if Blackberry is gone, there won't be any major competitors who will offer a portrait qwerty. I liked the style of the Dell Venue Pro and the Droid Pro but those phones appeared to have very little manufacturer support and were pretty much DOA. I see the rumored Milan looks to have potential. It looks like the phone I've kind of always wanted (I don't see a trackpad on it though so I dunno how I'll like it. Bigger screen is good but I still want a finger trackpad to use).

Can any of you tell me what are the chances Blackberry makes something better than my Torch 2? I'd still remain loyal to BB because what's ultimately most important to me is the portrait qwerty. If Blackberry tries to go head on with Droid and Iphone by becoming a touchscreen dominant maker, they're going to be doomed. I don't want a slider landscape qwerty like the HTC phones do. I personally didn't want to go with the Torch 2 because I am not a fan of sliders to be honest. But the bigger screen over the Bold is what ultimately swayed me to get it. My first two phones were Samsung Blackjack and Samsung Epix and those weren't sliders and I loved texting with those in my pocket or without looking. Just wondering what are the prospects for Blackberry to make a Next-Gen phone with a QWERTY Portrait keyboard that will keep me interested.
    09-20-12 03:38 AM
    Q1 2013. BB10.
    Amazing. You'll love it.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    09-20-12 03:55 AM
    There is a blackberry 10 "bold" style device coming out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-20-12 03:57 AM
    Definitely going to be a portrait qwerty. Minimum 3.2 inch screen (possibly 3.5 inch) classic RIM physical keyboard I.E..-the best in the world. No indication of a trackpad, unless it's virtual. Shouldn't be a problem, what with the gestures.
    You are covered, my man. Take heart. And pay no attention to the U. S. media : empty barrels make the most noise.
    Superfly_FR and daveycrocket like this.
    09-20-12 04:04 AM
    Wait a while theres going to be something BlackBerry for all of us, like yourself I wanted the larger screen which the torch gives me with touch or physical keys so looking forward to the new set of phones to choose from.
    I cannot fault my BlackBerry and this applies to my other half and daughters phones.I won't be jumping ship but may wait a while before purchase to let the bugs out.
    BlackBerry is alive and well in Europe, it seems like it's mainly the US which has fallen out of favour.
    09-20-12 04:22 AM
    I was just reading a article saying RIM only shipped 4.8% of smart phones this quater compared to 11.2% the same quater the year before. Its articles like this that drive me bonkers. Its not that people are abandoning them at the rate the news makes it sound. There are 78 million active BB on the planet. The reason phone sales are down is because the community is waiting for BB10 come the new year when BB10 is on sale and they sell 30 million units in a quater. Blackberry is going to be the come back kid.
    09-20-12 09:08 PM
    RIM has lost market position in U.S, but still remains solid in other countries. There will be a BB10 qwerty device in Q1 2013.
    09-20-12 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD