Intro: crackberry is about blackberry. So far BlackBerry had its own OS, and difference to other users was bbos whatever it was. Now, with BlackBerry on android it's logical to merge crackberry and Android central, cause there's no point of running 2 similar portals. With this in mind, and Chen's words about "devoted crackberrians", what are we going to passionately follow here: IoT, security software, medical gadgets?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 12:53 PM
    Historians.
    ominaxe likes this.
    02-13-17 01:10 PM
    Intro: crackberry is about blackberry. So far BlackBerry had its own OS, and difference to other users was bbos whatever it was. Now, with BlackBerry on android it's logical to merge crackberry and Android central, cause there's no point of running 2 similar portals. With this in mind, and Chen's words about "devoted crackberrians", what are we going to passionately follow here: IoT, security software, medical gadgets?

Posted via CB10
    Even if Android is the OS of choice now it doesn't change the fact that BlackBerry is still a brand. And there are many still using BlackBerrys operating systems . Some are still using pre bb10 devices like the bold/curve line . Bottom line is this community , through all the changes we have seen over the past ten years stay dedicated to the community. Many have moved on but we are still seeing new members today . I understand your reasoning for thinking merging the two communities together makes sense but crackberry will always be in a league of its own. No matter what devices we use. I'm posting this using my LG g5 with BlackBerry Hub + suite. Doesn't mean I don't want to continue using crackberry as my main tech portal.
    02-13-17 01:22 PM
    People will be using BBOS and BB10 phones for a while yet.... so there is a NEED for CrackBerry as a source for those devices.

As for Android... personally I think it is redundant for Mobile Nations to have PRIV, DTEK and Mercury forums on both sites and that generally most problems would be better served by Android Central. Most the articles in the Blog being posted for the Mercury, would better serve BlackBerry if they were posted on Android Central. Many of Android Centrals Blog post are about Android in general... and ways to tweak it. Would be very helpful for many a BlackBerry Android user. As it is, if you go to the BlackBerry post on Android Central... It's dead over there. Mercury has only 200 post, and some of those are from WAY back when it was called the Vienna....

Just think it would help BlackBerry if the fanbase were over there....
    02-13-17 01:31 PM
    It's almost like a grandfather clause that we get to enjoy our own Android brand site.

Redundant in some ways, perhaps, but lucky for us, as it will remain far more efficient to keep up to date with the BlackBerry brand and its software.
    Sairos likes this.
    02-13-17 01:32 PM
    My thoughts are this... Everything that is posted on CB related to Android BlackBerry's should be on AndroidCentral as well, that only helps BlackBerry get more exposure.

I still think a separately ran site is good for BlackBerry and it's fans too. We can support each other in the forums and still be updated on news outside of handsets.
    bakron1 likes this.
    02-13-17 01:43 PM
    My thoughts are this... Everything that is posted on CB related to Android BlackBerry's should be on AndroidCentral as well, that only helps BlackBerry get more exposure.

I still think a separately ran site is good for BlackBerry and it's fans too. We can support each other in the forums and still be updated on news outside of handsets.
    I always thought they should just mirror the BlackBerry Android threads on Android Central.
    02-13-17 01:55 PM
    I always thought they should just mirror the BlackBerry Android threads on Android Central.
    Wouldn't they want their own little biased blog posts and reviews with that certain flavor or "slant" we all know and "love"... ;-D

(some of CBK's and Bla1ze's posts would be waaaaayyy toooooo enthusiastic for that audience!)

•   Mercurial greetings , hopefully coming soon to Planet Earth... :-D   •
    02-13-17 02:09 PM
    My story goes like this: on 2013 I "accidentally" bought z10, was in Amsterdam went to the shop wanting some Samsung android, and sales representative was: how 'bout BlackBerry Z10?, and I was "Ok, what the heck, I like innovation and differentiation".
    Oh boy what Uber phone that was...and it made me maniacally refresh this orange addictive pages. 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, assistant, android runtime, hypervisor fairy-tale, passport(which I bought) ...aaand WHAM! Stop!
    As development of best os slowed down(stopped), so did my attention here.
    When you think of it, there isn't anything that differentiate android BlackBerry except keyboard. Design is non distincive, camera is average or above average just like everything else. I tried hub on my work Huawei, and it I dislike it and don't use it.
    BlackBerry android can't be unlocked for play with roms, there are no unique BlackBerry gadgets, so more less it's all one big gray area without excitement.
    I do accept bb android reality, but for me cb future is somehow blurry.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 02:36 PM
    This is a website for the brand, be it Android or BB10. It should stay this way. Now, More BlackBerry Android related articles on Android Central would be nice to see.
    02-13-17 03:05 PM