Hello! I'm from Bulgaria. A small European country. I love Blackberry. I do my best to use their products. But Blackberry doing their best to lose their fans. I use Blackberry Passport Silver Edition. Passport no Bulgarian language and keyboard. Passport no Viber. Soon there will be no WhatsUp. No ... No ... No ... Why do they do? I do not want Andoid, but I have no choice. With each passing day, Passport becoming increasingly useless. Blackberry lied to their users. Blackberry with Android? Made in China? Why? Who needs? Blackberry 10 is a great operating system, just make it more flexible. Put Viber. Put WhatsUp. RIM deceived its customers. Blackberry with Andorid and manufactured in China. Why buy it. Better Samsung. Or Sony. All use Viber. How is it possible in 2017, Passport can not support Viber. How is it possible??? Fail. Lose customers. Why to buy Blackberry, if there is no Blackberry OS? If it's Android will buy another brand. And many others will do like me. I am very disappointed. I paid $ 300 for Passport. And no Viber. No support of the Bulgarian language. My Casio Watch for $ 70 there are Bulgarian language and Blackberry Passport no! For $ 300, no Bulgarian Cyrillic. This is Cyrillic (not Russian) - А Б В Г Д Е Ж З И Й К Л М Н О П Р С Т У Ф Х Ц Ч Ш Щ Ъ ь Ю Я !!! How hard is it to add it at BB 10? Is it so difficult to have Viber? Wondering why no sales. You ask why no sales. What young person would buy a phone without Viber? It must be a madman. I hope someone in Blackberry to read it. I do not want to throw Passport, but you force me. I have no choice. Sorry. I want to use the Blackberry, but by RIM pushing to expel all customers.You have many fans in Bulgaria. But all that talk say they will not buy because there is no Bulgarian language. They will not buy because it does not support Viber. They will not buy because it does not support some of the most popular apps. And people are right. BB10 show all my friends. All like it. But no one understands why all popular is "not support". From legendary brand, RIM Blackberry turned into "not support". It is a pity. I do not understand why. Finally BB with Android. Folly. I will not buy BB with Android, because it makes no sense. I will buy Samsung. Or Huawei. Does not matter.
    02-13-17 11:19 AM
    Hello! I'm from Bulgaria. A small European country. I love Blackberry. I do my best to use their products. But Blackberry doing their best to lose their fans. I use Blackberry Passport Silver Edition. Passport no Bulgarian language and keyboard. Passport no Viber. Soon there will be no WhatsUp. No ... No ... No ... Why do they do? I do not want Andoid, but I have no choice. With each passing day, Passport becoming increasingly useless. Blackberry lied to their users. Blackberry with Android? Made in China? Why? Who needs? Blackberry 10 is a great operating system, just make it more flexible. Put Viber. Put WhatsUp. RIM deceived its customers. Blackberry with Andorid and manufactured in China. Why buy it. Better Samsung. Or Sony. All use Viber. How is it possible in 2017, Passport can not support Viber. How is it possible??? Fail. Lose customers. Why to buy Blackberry, if there is no Blackberry OS? If it's Android will buy another brand. And many others will do like me. I am very disappointed. I paid $ 300 for Passport. And no Viber. No support of the Bulgarian language. My Casio Watch for $ 70 there are Bulgarian language and Blackberry Passport no! For $ 300, no Bulgarian Cyrillic. This is Cyrillic (not Russian) - А Б В Г Д Е Ж З И Й К Л М Н О П Р С Т У Ф Х Ц Ч Ш Щ Ъ ь Ю Я !!! How hard is it to add it at BB 10? Is it so difficult to have Viber? Wondering why no sales. You ask why no sales. What young person would buy a phone without Viber? It must be a madman. I hope someone in Blackberry to read it. I do not want to throw Passport, but you force me. I have no choice. Sorry. I want to use the Blackberry, but by RIM pushing to expel all customers.You have many fans in Bulgaria. But all that talk say they will not buy because there is no Bulgarian language. They will not buy because it does not support Viber. They will not buy because it does not support some of the most popular apps. And people are right. BB10 show all my friends. All like it. But no one understands why all popular is "not support". From legendary brand, RIM Blackberry turned into "not support". It is a pity. I do not understand why. Finally BB with Android. Folly. I will not buy BB with Android, because it makes no sense. I will buy Samsung. Or Huawei. Does not matter.
    Sorry for your frustrations..... BlackBerry is simply a business that got caught unaware and was not able to save their hardware business. They are doing the best they can.....

If you are unhappy now... I agree find another brand.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-13-17 11:26 AM
    many have moved on, BlackBerry 10 as good as it was, is a dying platform, there will never be support for Cyrillic or Lithuanian for that matter ...
    Laura Knotek and DrBoomBotz like this.
    02-13-17 11:28 AM
    True maybe they cannot do anything with bb10, but they dragged alot of people with false hopes, and this further tarnished any brand loyalty from enthusiasts. JC trying to do something at the expense of customers is unacceptable. From the outset should have mapped out a clearer plan, which he knew, he just played everyone along until he could get his software revenue to somewhere that is acceptable to shareholders. And mind you, whomever thinks selling of assets, reducing workforce and acquisitions of software companies to grow top line revenue, is ABC of business in a recovery situation, there is no brand or software innovation, even the end to end security he keeps talking about doesnt represent a significant sustainable revenue stream, they don't even have a software portfolio, major fragmentation.

They talk about being a software company, in one sentence, besides a vague description of security in software, what are they?

This is part of the problem why their android devices are not performing, they seem to be living in denial that the brand still carries equity amongst loyalists, I think TCL are going to find out soon that they have bought into a very tarnished brand that does not have the legend status they are claiming and is going to cost them millions in marketing to attempt to overcome this issue, with serious cash burn within first two to three years. If they don't spend on marketing, then they are not any different from blackberry, carrier relationships are not enough, ultimately the customer decides, and majority of the purchase decision is based on an emotional attribution to the brand, which is what keeps most of the loyalists around these forums, only the numbers are insignificant in the context of market size.
    02-13-17 11:52 AM
    True maybe they cannot do anything with bb10, but they dragged alot of people with false hopes, and this further tarnished any brand loyalty from enthusiasts. JC trying to do something at the expense of customers is unacceptable. From the outset should have mapped out a clearer plan, which he knew, he just played everyone along until he could get his software revenue to somewhere that is acceptable to shareholders. And mind you, whomever thinks selling of assets, reducing workforce and acquisitions of software companies to grow top line revenue, is ABC of business in a recovery situation, there is no brand or software innovation, even the end to end security he keeps talking about doesnt represent a significant sustainable revenue stream, they don't even have a software portfolio, major fragmentation.

They talk about being a software company, in one sentence, besides a vague description of security in software, what are they?

This is part of the problem why their android devices are not performing, they seem to be living in denial that the brand still carries equity amongst loyalists, I think TCL are going to find out soon that they have bought into a very tarnished brand that does not have the legend status they are claiming and is going to cost them millions in marketing to attempt to overcome this issue, with serious cash burn within first two to three years. If they don't spend on marketing, then they are not any different from blackberry, carrier relationships are not enough, ultimately the customer decides, and majority of the purchase decision is based on an emotional attribution to the brand, which is what keeps most of the loyalists around these forums, only the numbers are insignificant in the context of market size.
    I dunno, yes they have tarnished the brand a bit but people still love BlackBerry for some reason. I talk to people all the time using different devices and many of them remember their first "smart" phones. A lot of them used BlackBerry devices. And they loved their BBs it doesn't take long for a device to turn the tides in a market as volatile as the tech space. All it takes is one product to set sail for an amazing destination and everyone will want to be on that ship . But again it only takes one "storm" for a great ship to sink. So even if you see BlackBerry as a tarnished brand many still remember it for what it was. And if there was news that it had the best of something to offer many people would be willing to return to familiar waters
    02-13-17 12:23 PM
    I'm sorry you have so much disappointment with BlackBerry but they moved on for those exact reasons developers werent willing to support and build apps for another small market os. It sucks because BlackBerry 10 was an amazing os at its core. But it never took off. So if you can't beat em join em . And what is viber? Seems very important to you. If you knew the things you wanted on your device you maybe should have did more research before buying a device like the SE. (You want to sell it?) Put it in marketplace and get yourself a beautiful new android device with all the vibers you want . Lol
    02-13-17 12:29 PM
    I dunno, yes they have tarnished the brand a bit but people still love BlackBerry for some reason. I talk to people all the time using different devices and many of them remember their first "smart" phones. A lot of them used BlackBerry devices. And they loved their BBs it doesn't take long for a device to turn the tides in a market as volatile as the tech space. All it takes is one product to set sail for an amazing destination and everyone will want to be on that ship . But again it only takes one "storm" for a great ship to sink. So even if you see BlackBerry as a tarnished brand many still remember it for what it was. And if there was news that it had the best of something to offer many people would be willing to return to familiar waters

........getting sea sick
    02-13-17 12:43 PM
    ........getting sea sick
    You liked all my references to the sea eh?
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-13-17 12:54 PM
    I will not buy BB with Android, because it makes no sense. I will buy Samsung. Or Huawei. Does not matter.
    It makes sense if you value features like the hub, DTEK, and a physical keyboard. The custom hardened kernel is exclusive to BlackBerry. You can have all of these plus support for the apps that you mentioned and your native language if you buy a Priv or a Mercury.
    02-13-17 01:50 PM
    It makes sense if you value features like the hub, DTEK, and a physical keyboard. The custom hardened kernel is exclusive to BlackBerry. You can have all of these plus support for the apps that you mentioned and your native language if you buy a Priv or a Mercury.
    You can get hub on any android now. Plus this whole kernel hardening, has what exactly in consumer context?, 99.99℅ of the market seems to be getting by without it.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-13-17 02:03 PM
    I just went to a PRIV from a Classic - count me as a "loyalist". When I went into the store to get my PRIV I asked the clerk if they were moving many. She said that they are moving quite a few, partially because the carrier is offering them for $0 on a 2 year contract.

She also mentioned a person that I know and said that this person got a PRIV and is telling everyone she talks to that they need to get a PRIV also, its just a great phone.

So, there are people whose minds are being changed. Not huge growth, but there is some support out there.
    02-13-17 02:18 PM
    You can get hub on any android now. Plus this whole kernel hardening, has what exactly in consumer context?, 99.99℅ of the market seems to be getting by without it.
    Just curious as to what led him to the PP to begin with if he does not value a pkb or the "special sauce". Basically his problems could have been avoided if he did any research before he bought the phone.
    02-13-17 04:43 PM
    That's just how it is.. I too have gone through the frustration that is "the slow end of BB10".. But recently I have gotten excited about BlackBerry as a device maker by way of the Mercury. I know it's Android, but if I were to transition into the OS, might as well stick with BB..
    As for certain apps and BB10, I think WhatsApp extended its support up to the middle of this year. As for Viber, maybe you could try to install a stable apk.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 12:14 AM