I will preface this by saying I was once a huge BB supporter but switched to Android after my 9700. It is my history with BB that has had me surfing CB checking out the hype over BB10. After reading what seems like tons of posts expressing excitement over the updated BB OS, I can't help to think how the update is going to effect the hardcore BB fans.

Like many here, loved my Blackberry for the keyboard and battery. I was also convinced BB was a tool and everything else was a useless toy. But as I read these posts over the past week, I am getting the impression that most of this excitement is over BB becoming more like its competitors...something that has been criticized for years in this community. For example, games on other devices has drawn criticism around here, but as more information comes out about BB10 people are anticipating the idea of games being available on BB10.

What interests me most is that when I think BB I think keyboard. I realize a keyboard BB10 will be available, but I feel the flagship device will be the touchscreen. How is this going to affect BB's biggest strength?

It seems as though BB is doing a 180...revamped OS and form factor, but the excitement here is bigger than ever. Why? Later this year RIM will introduce a phone and OS that a BB fan would not be able to pick out of lineup. It will be completely different than what you love right now and it will be more like its competitors. Does the excitement over the updated phone seem premature or is this more about RIM?
    I don't think it's hypocritical. Blackberry is trying to develope cross appeal. I think they will build upon what they already do well and add to it. Personally, the 9930 with OS7 is already an exceptional device, not just a phone. But everybody wants what is new.

I wonder how different the new Iphone will be from it's predecessors? Both devices will probably be hindered by the dirt cheap android devices flooding the market as both new devices will come at a premium in a downturned economy. I am sure some people will be buying OS7 phones b/c they just assume all the devices have the new OS. And some people will be upgrading to 4S from Iphone 3 when they see the costs involved to get an Iphone 5.

Either way, I think that BB will continue to be an efficient platform. Especially since providers are ending unlimited data plans. That is where the individuals with androids are going to get burned.
    06-10-12 12:19 PM
    I see our friend dandbj is banned. I wonder what happened.
    06-10-12 12:39 PM
    At this point in the game I think being inclusive, which refers to many of the things people love in Android and Iphone, the games and apps and features, is and should be the way to go for Blackberry, alongside having all of the familiar Blackberry appeals.

Why limit yourself to a single market, when you could potentially pull in users from other markets as well. RIM needs the revenue and, truth be told, its stock price would increase as well. What's not to like about Blackberry 10, even this late in the game?
    06-10-12 12:49 PM
    I see our friend dandbj is banned. I wonder what happened.
    That was the first thing I noticed when this thread was ressurected as well.
    06-10-12 02:46 PM
229 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD