I have read a considerable amount of information on this very addictive site, and am very close to making the leap to getting my very own Blackberry Curve before the Alltel switch to Verizon (want to keep my Alltel features and take advantage of their pricing!). One question though... after talking with friends about issues they have with their phones (iphone, other smartphones, etc.), I'm wondering if with the Blackberry OS, are you able to receive calls when using data? Basically, others complaints are that their incoming calls go to voice mail whenever they are using data apps (checking email, downloading email, web browsing, etc.). Is this the same on BB, or does it allow other data programs to run and still allow incoming calls to come in simultaneously?

Thanks in advance!!

b12ad
    future blackberry user (hopefully!)
    12-13-08 10:42 AM
    well from my experience with my pearl 8130 i still recieve calls it pauses my GPS but i resume it after i ended the call.. and that uses more data then just email and web browsing and when im on the web i always get my calls and the curve is very nice phone you wont be disapointed!!
    12-13-08 10:53 AM
    and not only that when you are on a call you can multitask some programs still thats kool i love it just like a pc when you alt tab type of thing
    12-13-08 10:54 AM
    With VZW when on call you can't really send/receive while on call.

EVDO Rev A doesn't allow incoming info while on Call.

With ATT's 3G you can still work on the fly while on call.
    12-13-08 10:57 AM
    I have a vodafone curve running OS 4.5 and can receive calls whilst I'm browsing, no problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 10:57 AM
    I had a moto Q prior to my berry and it would send calls to my vm like you said wheb doing anything with network. The berry like mentioned above does pause and let the call come through. I've never missed a call because I was on the net. Plus when you hang up it reconnects most everything you were doing and picks up where you left off

12-13-08 11:01 AM
    I always recieve calls no matter what I am doing on my Curve; on the web, viewing e-mails etc.

I am extremely happy with my Curve. It is a very stable device and extremely customizable. You can't go wrong with this phone, but everyones needs are different.

Good luck with your decision!
    12-13-08 11:01 AM
    I am with gregmar on this one. No problem taking calls at any point of use with my Curve.
    12-13-08 11:06 AM
    I have had no problems with my curve. I used to have a HTC and I had problems with multitasking but no more. I wish I had gotten my BB sooner! I Made the leap withu no regrets I am sure you won't have any either!!

12-13-08 11:17 AM
    Thanks for all of your help and answers! I have to admit, it was quite amazing to get so many responses in less than 1 hour.
    12-13-08 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD