If I set the default action for deleting to both "mailbox and handheld"... what happens when I set "keep messages" to "30 days"?

Will it automatically delete from both mailbox and handheld after 30 days or will it just not show messages after 30 days worth?

The later being what I want to happen. Keep the most recent 30 days worth of message but allow me to delete some messages off my mailbox whenever I want.

Thx
    10-04-08 02:46 PM
    how do you delete emails... all at one time instead of one at a time?

Also, photos, etc. how can you delete all at one time? I couldn't figure it out and was deleting them one by one.
    10-04-08 03:17 PM
    I dont know about photos... but i turned off delete warning/confirmation for emails and set it to automatically delete from mailbox and handheld. So if i see an email i want to delete i just hit the delete key and its gone. Pretty fast when i have to delete 5 newsletters at a time.

I just dont want the rest of my emails to be deleted if i set "keep messages" to "30 days". All I want is for it to delete off the handheld after 30 days but stay on mailbox.
    10-04-08 06:19 PM
    you can multi delete several ways.

1) go to a date bar and you can delete all messages prior to that date: highlight date bar (don't click)>menu>delete prior. NOTE: this will delete all messages prior to this date.
    2) you can delete multiple messages by highlighting and then deleting. They will have to be consecutive in the list to do this. highlight the first one you want to delete, hold down the shift key and scroll up/down to highlight all the ones you want to delete. Then menu delete.
    10-04-08 06:43 PM
    If I set the default action for deleting to both "mailbox and handheld"... what happens when I set "keep messages" to "30 days"?

Will it automatically delete from both mailbox and handheld after 30 days or will it just not show messages after 30 days worth?

The later being what I want to happen. Keep the most recent 30 days worth of message but allow me to delete some messages off my mailbox whenever I want.

Thx
    What email are you using? IMAP, POP, BES?

This will make a difference as to whether or not your phone even reconciles with your mailbox.
    10-04-08 06:46 PM
    how do you delete emails... all at one time instead of one at a time?

Also, photos, etc. how can you delete all at one time? I couldn't figure it out and was deleting them one by one.
    It's really quite easy to delete all messages at once. When you are in your inbox, press the menu button and choose "delete prior." It will ask if you really want to do that (duh!) and then select "delete." Gone!
    10-04-08 06:46 PM
    Oops! Sorry guys... you beat me to the answer.
    10-04-08 06:47 PM
    What email are you using? IMAP, POP, BES?

This will make a difference as to whether or not your phone even reconciles with your mailbox.
    Most of them are Gmail addresses... and one is AIM... and one is BIS blackberry from sprint email.

Whats the difference? why is this question so hard to answer? If i delete from mailbox on the handheld... it does delete off gmail... if thats what ur asking. As for reconciling old email... i dont notice it.
    10-05-08 03:44 AM
    Some emails do not reconcile with the bb. In other words, it is pushed to the bb, but what you do on the bb does not do anything on the server where the email is stored.
    If yours are reconciled, i cannot answer your question as all of mine are pushed only.
    I would assume if your settings are to delete on handheld and phone, then when it autodeletes them, it would do the same on the server. I cannot confirm as i do not have this option.
    10-05-08 08:54 AM
    I don't know what gmail is or aim but I think its reconciled since I can delete from handhel and mailbox and at google its also deleted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 12:09 PM
    is there no way that you can delete on gmail and it update on your handheld as a deleted item? some times in the morning I have 200+ emails and it is much easier to sort through them on gmail its self rather then the phone. But when I delete something on gmail it doesn't update on my phone. But if I delete off my phone it does delete off gmail.

Anyone know if that can be done?
    10-12-08 07:55 AM
    Setup your GMail through IMAP and your read status and delete should update to your BlackBerry.
    10-13-08 08:22 PM
    I did. I noticed however though that if I delete emails from my gmail I have to delete it from my deleted items too. Then it still doesn't update on my device until I start to delete dome and then it catches up. I tried the reconcile now feature and it didn't help either. Is this normal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 08:31 PM
    is there no way that you can delete on gmail and it update on your handheld as a deleted item? some times in the morning I have 200+ emails and it is much easier to sort through them on gmail its self rather then the phone. But when I delete something on gmail it doesn't update on my phone. But if I delete off my phone it does delete off gmail.

Anyone know if that can be done?
    Giving this a bump. I have the exact same problem/question.
    11-04-08 10:31 AM
    Is there a way to recover a message when you delete it? Where does the deleted e-mail go? Is there a folder? If yes, where can I find it?
    11-05-08 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD