Okay, my primary device is my Bold 9900...my work is offering me either an iPhone 5 or and Android device (Sony Xperia TL) Which would you choose if you had a choice? I have never really messed a lot with either, so I'm not biased. Just looking for opinions.
    05-13-13 11:17 AM
    hard to say since i have never really played with a sony android. It looks pretty good though and i probably would rock it over the iphone for my tastes/needs
    05-13-13 11:21 AM
    Android all the way. It offers more customization, & overall freedom.

Small example.. With android.. You can open the YouTube app.. Pull up a song, copy the url... Drop it in a mp3 converter.. And in less than 20 seconds have a new song in your playlist.

With ios you can't download from the browser, let alone access flash sites.

Android.
    JR A likes this.
    05-13-13 11:36 AM
    Personally, I'd go Android over iPhone. I've used both, though not the Sony.

I'd ask if there's any flexibility. If so, how about one of the BlackBerry 10s. Or at least anther Android � the HTC One would be great.
    05-13-13 11:56 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm still just reviewing different reviews. Android is definitely looking good so far.
    05-13-13 09:41 PM
    Neither. Get a Nexus 4. Hard for me to recommend anything else as of late. Google I/o right around the corner too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-14-13 01:14 AM
    Neither. Get a Nexus 4. Hard for me to recommend anything else as of late. Google I/o right around the corner too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I'd be all over that option, except expandable storage (micro sd) is a must for my situation.

The HTC One seems appealing. But I don't like the UI.

I would choose the LG Optimus G Pro. 1080P (something like a massive 440 pixels per inch) IPS display at 5.5 inches. That is the biggest selling point for me as I would want something to make up for my 9900's shortcomings, which is mainly a small screen. The clarity and overall look of the G Pro display is just gorgeous... And LG's UI isn't intrusive or inconsistent like the HTC One in my opinion, and I normally go for HTC when it comes to Android phones.

The one thing that would sway me to the HTC One is the dual front facing stereo speakers because of the placement and the quality of the sound they produce.

Can you strike a deal with your work and see if you can get a different device other than the Sony?

Oh and iPhone is not an option. The way I see it, if you've already got a 9900, which is a locked-down ecosystem as it is, why not go to the other extreme to the fullest and get the device with the most customization and flexibility? Really, an Android phone/tablet provides functionality that I used to use my laptop for.
    05-14-13 02:06 AM