Be completely honest. Pretend that the concept of apps didn't exist. Pretend that people wouldn't care or say anything no matter what phone you used. So you would have to go with the phone based on the hardware and os. What phone would you use (or brand if that makes it easier to answer).

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 08:26 PM
    A BlackBerry. But you can't really ask this question here and expect an unbiased answer!
    anon(8445214) and Playbook007 like this.
    06-05-14 08:29 PM
    Windows/Nokia

Posted from an ME173X
    bkbkjbb likes this.
    06-05-14 08:30 PM
    BlackBerry. I drive the Q10. For what I use my device for (Communications) I want nothing less. And for me, there is nothing more.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 08:30 PM
    I have a Galaxy S4 for work and a Z10 at home.

Z10 wins hands down.

Z10
    06-05-14 08:34 PM
    I would choose a BlackBerry.

This after using other devices.

emPowered by ?
    06-05-14 08:41 PM
    Totally Blackberry. I've learned the hard way that the others just don't stack up.
    06-05-14 09:00 PM
    Blackberry.... always had great speakers and good sound quality. I just miss the third-party support

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 09:13 PM
    I choose blackberry today, taking into account apps, hardware and specs. So if I ignored those, I think id still stick to BlackBerry. I like the idea of niche OS targeting productivity-based use.
    06-05-14 09:20 PM
    I have a Galaxy S4 for work and a Z10 at home.

Z10 wins hands down.

Z10
    Could you elaborate?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 09:23 PM
    BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 09:31 PM
    Windows/Nokia

Posted from an ME173X
    Couldn't agree more!!!!
    I miss my 1020, but I made a sacrifice, so I sold it to upgrade my real camera at a great price that wasn't lasting.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 09:31 PM
    BlackBerry for the out of the box ready to use native functions.
    All that I need for work is ready in the device. No apps download needed.
    Plug n play as the most fit term for BlackBerry.

Posted via my Astro Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    Playbook007 likes this.
    06-05-14 09:52 PM
    I currently own an IPhone about to return to Blackberry and the beast Zed 30. I've handled both Android and IOS, but feel that BB gives the best balance between software and hardware.
    Playbook007 likes this.
    06-05-14 11:20 PM
    Blackberry Q10 as my daily driver and the Z10 as my backup. I chose BlackBerry for practical reasons and it meets my needs.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    06-05-14 11:26 PM
    what kind of a question?
    Blackberry of course!!
    06-06-14 02:14 AM
    It would have to be Symbian on Nokia n8 or 808

BB10 is still missing a lot of Nokia Symbian features such as:

- Nokia glance screen (always on clock screen WITH notifications)

- Computer integration through Nokia Communication Center (Being able to make and answer calls on the computer screen as well as sending and reading texts on the computer screen as well). Pretty sure Apple just made a big deal about this feature with ios8, well Symbian was able to do this from 2010!

- Hot corner swiping (Swiping up halfway from bottom left corner, bottom right corner as well as swiping sideways from bottom left to bottom right and vice versa - custom functions could be assigned such as locking the screen or closing all apps as well as opening any apps)

- Freakin Xenon flash!! Especially important for indoor photos bb10 cameras simply do not match.

- Offline maps: the maps are downloaded on the phone storage meaning that even without access to the service network, you can use gps. Offline maps save data charge as well as battery since your phone does not have to connect to network when using gps. Map data can of course be updated by Nokia.

- Video call WITHOUT messaging apps (bb10 currently requires bbm, Skype, or other messaging app to use video calling. Symbian phones had built in video call feature as part of the phone, so you do not need to have an app for video calling)

- Being able to download 3rd party app, not from the store, as well as custom themes or custom firmware.

All in all, Symbian phones did well for playing and they also did well for productivity work. Symbian is still the best OS, but bb10 is a close second. I would still be using my Symbian if I did not use banking apps and Onedrive.
    Last edited by skstrials; 06-06-14 at 03:00 AM.
    06-06-14 02:45 AM
    BlackBerry 10 and Jolla Sailfish

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    06-06-14 02:51 AM
    If apps didn't matter or didn't exist? I'd pick my bold 9900 instead of the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 02:53 AM
    BlackBerry or Windows Mobile.

There are tons of reasons why I don't want to go the Android and iOS route. (on iOS, the limited devices connectivity and non-standard connectors).

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    06-06-14 02:53 AM
    It would have to be Symbian on Nokia n8 or 808

BB10 is still missing a lot of Nokia Symbian features such as:

- Nokia glance screen (always on clock screen WITH notifications)

- Computer integration through Nokia Communication Center (Being able to make and answer calls on the computer screen as well as sending and reading texts on the computer screen as well). Pretty sure Apple just made a big deal about this feature with ios8, well Symbian was able to do this from 2010!

- Hot corner swiping (Swiping up halfway from bottom left corner, bottom right corner as well as swiping sideways from bottom left to bottom right and vice versa - custom functions could be assigned such as locking the screen or closing all apps as well as opening any apps)

- Freakin Xenon flash!! Especially important for indoor photos bb10 cameras simply do not match.

- Offline maps: the maps are downloaded on the phone storage meaning that even without access to the service network, you can use gps. Offline maps save data charge as well as battery since your phone does not have to connect to network when using gps. Map data can of course be updated by Nokia.

- Video call WITHOUT messaging apps (bb10 currently requires bbm, Skype, or other messaging app to use video calling. Symbian phones had built in video call feature as part of the phone, so you do not need to have an app for video calling)

- Being able to download 3rd party app, not from the store, as well as custom themes or custom firmware.

All in all, Symbian phones did well for playing and they also did well for productivity work. Symbian is still the best OS, but bb10 is a close second. I would still be using my Symbian if I did not use banking apps and Onedrive.
    Sounds like you've been running Cyanogen Mod...

Nice looking phone here =>>> http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/...ogenmod-phone/

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-06-14 03:52 AM
    Probably a Nokia.

Of course BB is gonna win here cause this is the Crackberry forum.
    06-06-14 03:58 AM
    I think I'd still hold on to my Z10.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    06-06-14 03:58 AM
    BlackBerry.

Sounds biased, but it has been the only brand that I have used with no apps and didn't feel like I was missing out.
    JamBueree and Stewartj1 like this.
    06-06-14 04:11 AM
    If there were no apps, and IMO that includes the apps built into the OS such as email, then you'd be left with a phone that did voice calls and SMS. LOL

In that alternative reality, which was actually the 1990's that I lived through, I'd get the cheapest phone that didn't look like it would fall apart in a week. So. Probably a Nokia, which funnily enough is what I carried in the 1990's.
    JBB
    06-06-14 04:46 AM
28 12