Hello crackberry community. I have noticed that the app KIK messenger is able to work when i do not have wifi. I find this odd because I do not have data either, and I am unable to access anything else without wifi. I do however have unlimited BBM usage included in my plan. So, is this app somehow able to work by using the data that is allotted for BBM? (which cannot be used for anything else).
    09-04-13 03:24 PM
    The short answer is data is data.. a BBM only plan has certain restrictions in the service books sent to the device, and as such it's not setup for web browsing etc, but I does still have a data connection that would be capable if configured.. this app could connect in a non traditional way, and thus get around the restrictions but I would caution you that this isn't a free for all. There is a high probability that your carrier will bill you for this usage since it's outside your plan.

The other possibility is that your unlimited plan is not strictly BBM, but all social apps.. we used to have such a plan (for young teens mostly) when I worked for Rogers.. it allowed BBM, MSN, g-talk, Aol instant messenger etc.. basically any IM service, but no web browsing.
    09-04-13 03:42 PM
    wouldn't a social plan also include facebook and twitter though, because i cannot use those without wifi
    09-04-13 03:49 PM