I am a new bb user, I travel quite a bit internationally and I have a few questions regarding how blackberry manages wifi and data network connections.

First of all, I know that if I disable mobile network and just log onto wifi, my bbm still works in the states, how about if I were to travel outside of the US will the same technique work? another question I have is that, if you are connected to wifi and your mobile network the same time, if you use bbm does it use the data or the wifi to send messages? is there a way to set it as wifi only when connected to it for data? Any feedback or tips will be highly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 04:52 PM
    If the WiFi logo is whited out, BBM is using the Wi-Fi connection to send and
    receive the data. It's basically the same thing.

Of course to use BBM you actually need to have a BB data plan.
    12-07-09 04:57 PM
    I do have the BB data plan, I was wondering if I travel abroad, will it still work using another countries sim card or I have to have the at&t sim card in. and my gf is overseas right now in dubai and she is using a limited data plan because the unlimited plans very expensive in dubai and if she is connected to wifi will it drain her data also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD