Hello guys, I am just curious about if people using Verizon data are able to make bbm voice and bbm video calls without Wi-fi. I want to change my carrier just to get my Z30

I currently have a bbz Z10 any advice to make the transition to Verizon? how fast is the internet speed on verizon compared to AT&T

Thank you guys
    02-25-14 08:11 AM
    I switched from AT&T to VZ when then Z10 came out in April 2013. I've had no trouble with voice/video calls over the network when I've tried it. Generally I do this while traveling, so not in my home region (NYC area).

As far as speed goes, my experience has been quite bad in the NYC area. Coverage and data speed seem far off AT&T and I'm using LTE where on AT&T I was using a 4(faux)G.

I've told many people, at least in the NYC area, I don't understand the hype about VZ - AT&T was quite a bit better for me. In places like TX and the DC area, VZ has been decent - but not great.
    02-25-14 08:16 AM
    I actually did this a week ago. I got tired on waiting for AT&T and even gave up my grandfathered unlimited data plan and jumped ship to Verizon and got my Z30.

You can make bbm video & voice calls without being connected to wifi, you can set up your phone as a hot spot with no additional charges (it just uses the plans data) and you can use BlackBerry Bridge blue tooth without an additional plan.

I found the speeds to be faster because of Verizons speed as well as better connectivity antenna from the Z30. Not to mention the coverage dependability that Verizon is known for.
    The only thing I'll miss is my unlimited plan.

Other than that I've moved on and haven't looked back.
    Hope that helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Question about Verizon service BBM and internet speed comparisson with At&T-img_20140219_084551.jpg

Stay Classy CrackBerry Nation!
    02-25-14 08:16 AM
    Thank you guys! I really appreciate your opinion.

I think am going to AlKuqo option. I am tired waiting for AT&T to offers this phone. I am going to buy my VZ Z30 today.
    02-25-14 08:21 AM
    Thank you guys! I really appreciate your opinion.

I think am going to AlKuqo option. I am tired waiting for AT&T to offers this phone. I am going to buy my VZ Z30 today.
    You won't regret it

Stay Classy CrackBerry Nation!
    02-27-14 08:50 AM
    Please keep us posted. I might have to switch end of this year and am looking at both carriers too.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-27-14 08:53 AM