Hello im new to bluetooth, i had a few questions.

I see these 2 products in the store:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=yo4sK9eU
    &
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=F36_nBzB

Is there an advantage to buying the more expensive one?

This thing plugs into my pc, yes? And when i walk into the room it will automatically pair and sync all by itself?

Im assuming i can transfer new music or data as well? Is it extremely slow, or is it fine?

Any other limitations i should know about?
    02-10-09 01:19 PM
    Bump sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 08:50 AM
    Probably no advantage to the Moto in terms of the hardware. What is important is what BT services you want. For instance, the Moto says it will stream music to BT headphones, while MHF doesn't mention it.

There are may many devices out there, so I what start with a list of the ones that offer the services you want. This can be either built in to the device or through software.

BTW, Mr Hands Free is a great name. I wonder what else it does?
    02-11-09 10:18 AM
    Probably no advantage to the Moto in terms of the hardware. What is important is what BT services you want. For instance, the Moto says it will stream music to BT headphones, while MHF doesn't mention it.

There are may many devices out there, so I what start with a list of the ones that offer the services you want. This can be either built in to the device or through software.

BTW, Mr Hands Free is a great name. I wonder what else it does?
    ooh i don't want to stream anything, i just want to pair my phone to my pc, and have it automatically sync my calendar and contacts and stuff.
    02-11-09 10:36 AM
    Well I have a cheapo Belkin BT dongle that works just fine. BTW, if you are using with a laptop, there are several micro dongles available you can plug and forget it. They barely stick out from the side of the compter, so there's no chance of them breaking off.
    02-11-09 11:04 AM
    Well I have a cheapo Belkin BT dongle that works just fine. BTW, if you are using with a laptop, there are several micro dongles available you can plug and forget it. They barely stick out from the side of the compter, so there's no chance of them breaking off.
    yes perfect! can i have a link or a name?

BTW, so as soon as it pairs it will run the sync without prompting me for anything?
    Last edited by rsarno; 02-11-09 at 11:37 AM.
    02-11-09 11:22 AM
    Amazon.com: bluetooth adapter: Electronics

I haven't set up bluetooth sync so I don't know if you're prompted or not.
    02-11-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD