We all know that Stoner's Guide is one of the most popular and recommended memory optimization guides here on Crackberry. My question is this:

Why are we so quick to trust the operation of our precious berries to a man called "Stoner"?

Discuss.

07-29-08 06:43 PM
    LOL!! That's too funny. I never really thought about that........
    07-29-08 06:44 PM
    Simple question:

Would you rather be stoned or kronked?

07-29-08 06:46 PM
    Because he is one of the smartest people on here

I have talked to him many times and helped along the way in his Memory Guide!

I know this thread is a joke, but just sayin'...
    07-29-08 06:46 PM
    I kind of view as one of those funny misnomers.
    You know, like calling a fat guy "Tiny", a bald guy
    "Curly"
    07-29-08 06:47 PM
    Simple question:

Would you rather be stoned or kronked?

Are we talking about being pummeled to death with rocks or getting high? Because one is painful and the other is just stupid.
    07-29-08 06:51 PM
    Stoner helped me tweak the h3ll out of my Pearl. It is a running machine now. Everything he told me, either thru PM or the guide was spot on. I found everything that needed to be deleted, and after i was done i was sitting 26 free file, with 6 third party apps including Viigo tango beta. That's pretty darn good for a pearl. And i can get more extensive with memory optimization if i wanted, but i'm comfortable with what i got. Thanks as always Stone...
    07-29-08 06:52 PM
    Why trust Stoner? Because he is badass. Next question.
    07-29-08 06:52 PM
    Are we talking about being pummeled to death with rocks or getting high? Because one is painful and the other is just stupid.
    ::takes puff:: STONED!!!
    07-29-08 06:53 PM
    I love smoking...that makes me stupid now? Im a manager at a high end call center and maintain a pretty awesome life.

Not like im hittin the vein...all im sayin
    07-29-08 07:16 PM
    Stoners guide is the best. There is many other things you can remove to gain memory that he doesn't even list as well but its a great base until you get more used to your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 07:53 PM
    Whether he's in pain or high as a kite, he sure knows his stuff.

07-29-08 08:12 PM
    I agree. Stoner is the man.

07-29-08 08:14 PM
    I've heard from some that their best thinking occurs at 4:20...though I wouldn't know personally.

07-29-08 08:31 PM
    We all know that Stoner's Guide is one of the most popular and recommended memory optimization guides here on Crackberry. My question is this:

Why are we so quick to trust the operation of our precious berries to a man called "Stoner"?

Discuss.

In my opinion, John Clark is the real memory guru. I am a humble student of the master. In conversation with Kevin, a made in CrackBerry solution to the Low Memory issue was desirable.

I collected some of my more insightful posts to get it started, Stoner's rambling about geeks and such.

The next step was a departure from JC's approach. Simple, on device advise. Next step, a little more challenging, a walk though for the tough part.

From there, feedback and advise from our knowable group have incorporated revisions and improvements. The improvements culminate with Pete6's fantastic CrackMem program.

I am simply the editor, many have contributed, credited and otherwise, to the state of the thread.

My goal, advise that any BlackBerry user can use and get back to being productive.

Family forum rules prevent me answering any of "those" questions, just don't ask.

Thank you all, for the kind words and thoughts.
    Last edited by Stoner; 07-29-08 at 11:01 PM.
    07-29-08 08:37 PM
    I've had the pleasure to meet several fellows nicknamed Stoner, and they were and are among the smartest guys in the room!
    07-29-08 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD