so, the only instant messenger that i use is AIM. i tried jivetalk and loved it, but i'm having a hard time paying $30 for it. i've been looking around for a suitable alternative. webmessenger is the most unreliable program that i have ever used. i came across mig33 on this site, and i just wanted to clarify that there are no charges for it? i mean, as long as i'm just using the AIM services, that is.

Thanks guys!
    02-25-08 10:37 PM
    I tested the program out and like EQO, nimbuzz and others, it's not the best solution and is shady in how it promotes itself to your IM buddy list. It's not reliable, it logs you off if you have even the slightest flaky connection, it takes over your buddy icon with it's own icon to promote itself, and overall it's just not a great program.

I'm afraid to say it but if you need AIM, JiveTalk or IM+ are the best games in town, trying to go free actually doesn't work out in the end.
    02-26-08 03:04 PM
    yeah, i guess that explains why they're free. i guess i'll just break down and buy one. Any suggestions, jivetalk or IM+?
    02-26-08 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD