well my mom's work has been pushing employees to get blackberrys. initially my mom didnt want to pay the data plan, but now that they are offering it she is considering it.

Since she travels a good bit to visit clients the ability to access emails would be extremely helpful, but is there a way that the emails only get pushed to her phone during business hours or when she is out of the office? she can leave work at 5 and have over 100 by the time she gets back to work, and even more over weekends. i'm sure you could imagine having your phone going off 100 times when you're trying to get away from work, or your phone going off for an email when you're sitting at your computer.

thanks guys
    12-23-09 01:36 PM
    Im not sure if this is possible, if i log on to my work email they do not go to my bb for some reason. Now here is a question for you, if her company is pushing her to get a bb why are they not paying for the data plan?
    12-23-09 02:01 PM
    well my mom's work has been pushing employees to get blackberrys. initially my mom didnt want to pay the data plan, but now that they are offering it she is considering it.

Since she travels a good bit to visit clients the ability to access emails would be extremely helpful, but is there a way that the emails only get pushed to her phone during business hours or when she is out of the office? she can leave work at 5 and have over 100 by the time she gets back to work, and even more over weekends. i'm sure you could imagine having your phone going off 100 times when you're trying to get away from work, or your phone going off for an email when you're sitting at your computer.

thanks guys
    Get a holster with the "Magic BlackBerry Magnet" in it and set the "in holster" settings so that it doesn't announce incoming email, phone calls and the like". That way she can look at her messages if she wants to, but won't feel compelled to.
    12-23-09 03:36 PM
    She could enter from her blackberry or pc browser to operator's blackberry page where we use it for sending service books and should filter e mail accounts as not forwarding...
    That's my idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 06:07 PM
    There is no easy, automatic way to stop work emails going to her device without going into the BIS page and stopping the emails there.

The option I would suggest is to set up a profile that notifies her of what she wants to be notified of but doesn't notify her of new work emails. That way, even though they'll still be received on her device she won't be distrubed by their arrival.

She can then switch between the profiles that do and do not notify her for when she's in and out of work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 04:39 AM
    The first question here would be to know if this will be under BES or BIS.
    I would guess BES since the company is pushing for BB.
    You can set your profile to Phone only. Emails then won't ring on the phone until you change your profile back.
    ON BES, any emails will be on both the phone and your email at work. Once you read them at your work PC they will show up as read emails on your phone.
    12-24-09 05:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD