I was in Applications in the Desktop Manager yesterday and I had my phone connected to the PC. I saw there were a couple of upgrades available, normally I would upgrade on my phone via BB App world. There are tons of applications in there, language packs, etc... and I hit apply and there is no warning to back out. It took about a half an hour to update my 9900. What exactly is this supposed to do? Is it bad for the phone to write over the existing software?
    10-25-11 10:16 AM
    Sound like there was an OS update for the phone. Desk top Manager will notify you when there an OS upgrade to your phone when plugged in.
    BB apps world are for Apps upgrade only not software.
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 10-25-11 at 10:41 AM.
    10-25-11 10:36 AM
    There was no OS update. I have not received an e-mail from RIM yet. Wind has the latest OS 7.0.0.439 build and all other service providers are still on 7.0.0.261. I'm on TELUS. The upgrades that I saw were for BBM and another app I believe. I think it just installed software on top of software, but I'm not sure.
    10-25-11 10:53 AM
    OK could have been a Core update then, I'm on AT&T and I get the update from time to time. I Never got an E-mail from RIM on any OS update.
    10-25-11 11:03 AM
    @RoseBud68 That makes sense! Thanks for the info!
    10-25-11 11:42 AM
    What's a core update?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 01:21 PM
    What's a core update?

It's a minor update to the existing OS, I see them from time to time too, example: email set up, wireless music sync etc

10-25-11 03:12 PM
    You will also be prompted for a core update if you delete any of the preinstalled music and videos. Not deleted by shrinking, but just deleted from the file explorer.

10-25-11 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD