I watched a few things that TAT previewed a while back for the playbook. There was a messages app that was pretty much exactly like the one that the playbook has now, except it had some nice effects when you did things like delete a message or send a message. If it could be flawlessly previewed infront of an audience of hundreds of people, why wasn't it put into the playbook? They're owned by RIM now so why didn't RIM just let it be used on the playbook? I know they're not letting people release cascades apps until BB10, but they shouldve let the actual TAT guys who now work for RIM, use it to implement the messages app on the playbook.
    Anyone agree? Am I missing something? Will cascades be available to the TAT people in RIM to create stuff for the release of BB10? I'm not the smartest with this stuff so this may be an obvious answer that I'm looking for.

I posted this in general discussion because it's not about the playbook...it's about cascades.
    06-06-12 04:02 PM
    Yes, you are missing that the current PlayBook O.S doesn't support the newest version of Cascades, and that is why they are waiting for BB10. Since TAT is now apart of RIM, they will be able to test their Cascades app's on the newest version of whichever O.S they need to.
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 06-06-12 at 04:14 PM.
    06-06-12 04:07 PM
    Yes, you are missing that the current PlayBook O.S doesn't support the newest version of Cascades, and that is why they are waiting for BB10. Since TAT is now apart of RIM, they will be able to test their Cascades app's on the newest version of whichever O.S they need to.
    I thought print to go and scrapbook were made with cascades...which are on the playbook?
    06-06-12 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD