I am looking to get a bluetooth head set for my storm primarly to listen to music when I ride my bike to work. I have read a few posts of people who have good experiences with one type or another but I have a question about stereo output and music.

If I get a headset that is a mono bluetooth speaker, will I hear both channels through this single speaker? If not which channel will I hear? Is there any settings on the storm that can be used to combined the channels into the mono channel before having it broadcast to the headset?

Right now I have a small MP3 player strapped to my helmet and just put one headphone into my ear so I can hear traffic in the other one. The MP3 player has a jog wheel so I can easly adjust the volume and I don't worry so much if it gets damaged.

I could put the storm in my pocket in the back of my jersery so it could be close to the headset.

Anyone else doing this? I don't really need to make or recieve phone calls while I am on the bike, but it would be nice if there were controls easy to get to to change the song, turn the volume up or down.

Thanks in advance

Steve
    04-24-09 06:26 PM
    I am looking to get a bluetooth head set for my storm primarly to listen to music when I ride my bike to work. I have read a few posts of people who have good experiences with one type or another but I have a question about stereo output and music.

If I get a headset that is a mono bluetooth speaker, will I hear both channels through this single speaker? If not which channel will I hear? Is there any settings on the storm that can be used to combined the channels into the mono channel before having it broadcast to the headset?

Right now I have a small MP3 player strapped to my helmet and just put one headphone into my ear so I can hear traffic in the other one. The MP3 player has a jog wheel so I can easly adjust the volume and I don't worry so much if it gets damaged.

I could put the storm in my pocket in the back of my jersery so it could be close to the headset.

Anyone else doing this? I don't really need to make or recieve phone calls while I am on the bike, but it would be nice if there were controls easy to get to to change the song, turn the volume up or down.

Thanks in advance

Steve
    When I was trying out Mobiola xPlayer on my BlackBerry, I accidentally set the Bluetooth profile to "Headset" (i.e. mono, that is the profile used by all mono Bluetooth headset) once. At the time I did get sound out of both sides of my Bluetooth earphones. So I guess BlackBerry is smart enough to combine left and right channels automatically. But there was a constant background noise when playing MP3s using Headset profile, making the whole experience sounds like listening to music through an MW/AM radio.
    05-03-09 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD