I have a T-Mobile plan with a regular flip phone currently. I recently obtained a Blackberry Curve. I was wondering if anyone knew if I put my SIM card into the Blackberry, will I automatically be put on a data plan? And if not, can I just use the Blackberry with wifi? I'd like to upgrade from my crappy flip phone but I don't want to add a data plan if I can avoid it.
    11-09-12 11:19 PM
    T-Mo won't add a data plan. I had 3 BBs with no data on my account. Now it's 2 BBs and an iPhone with no data. When I activated the SIM card for the iPhone recently, they asked me why I was activating a new SIM, I tould them but they didn't even try to sell me a data plan for it.
    11-09-12 11:38 PM
    You can most definitely have a BlackBerry with no data plan on your accout. I speak from experience. You can use wifi to access the internet. Pardon my forgetfullness but you should or soon will be able to use BBM with no data plan. BBM is/use to be restricted to only those with data plans but T-mobile is expanding that and allowing access and function-ability to BBM with no data plans.
    11-10-12 12:26 AM
    You can most definitely have a BlackBerry with no data plan on your accout. I speak from experience. You can use wifi to access the internet. Pardon my forgetfullness but you should or soon will be able to use BBM with no data plan. BBM is/use to be restricted to only those with data plans but T-mobile is expanding that and allowing access and function-ability to BBM with no data plans.
    Do you have a link to this info? I have my 9700 on a prepaid line and accidently let my payments lapse. I didn't figure it out until I noticed my BBMs weren't going through (I was on wifi at the time as well).
    11-10-12 10:50 AM
    I remember seeing that news story as well. It can get added to certain plans. What it doesn't do is give full BIS access, so you won't get internet while away from wifi, or email.

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
    11-10-12 12:11 PM
    11-10-12 12:17 PM
    The plans aren't that expensive, you can get some kind of social plan or bbm plan, still you can easily run a phone off of wifi. Whatsapp for messaging, logicmail for mail and browser for browser. Good luck.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    11-10-12 12:38 PM
    There is a plan for $44.99 with 500 voice minutes and unlimited text, 200 mb of high speed data.

T-Mobile Value Plans
    11-10-12 12:47 PM