Hi Everyone,

I was hoping you could help me get some answers. My Girlfriend works in a law office where the two lawyers currently have Palm Zire 22's. I am trying to talk them to going to blackberries, but want to make sure of a couple of things.

1) Their Contacts, Calendar, etc can be transferred into a blackberry.

2) This is a bit more complicated. They would like some type of setup where they are able to update their calendars, and also have their secretary be able to update it all in real time. Is this possible? Almost like a shared calendar for each lawyer, so that everyone can see an up to date calendar.

Right now, if the lawyer updates their calendar on the palm, they have to sync it to the calendar on the secretaries PC, and if she makes a change, they then have to re-sync the palm.

if anyone can give info I would very much appreciate it.

thanks,
    Joe
    11-10-09 11:36 AM
    There are probably better solutions and I am sure somebody will soon let you know, but Google Agenda + Google Sync App set to auto would get you sorted.

Everybody would have access to each other's calendar's and the app would handle the syncing, so everytime a change was made, it would kinda be pushed to the device.

I don't know it there is a Google Sync App for palms thou.

Hope it helps
    11-10-09 11:51 AM
    thank you!!! that looks to be a huge help.

Do you know if there is a way to sync the palm to the blackberry? Because if i could sync the calendar to the blackberry, then i could always sync it to the google calendar.

If anyone has any other ideas that would help, please share. This is a GREAT start though!
    11-10-09 11:59 AM
    If the secretary is using Outlook, then the best option would be for them to get Hosted Exchange with Blackberry Enterprise Services.

I use Mailstreet.com for mine and they are great!

To get started, the attorneys would need to sync their contacts and calendars from their Palms into Outlook on their PCs, then, once they activate their new BBs on the BB Enterprise Server, all that stuff would sync Over The Air into their phones.
    11-10-09 12:48 PM
    If the secretary is using Outlook, then the best option would be for them to get Hosted Exchange with Blackberry Enterprise Services.

I use Mailstreet.com for mine and they are great!

To get started, the attorneys would need to sync their contacts and calendars from their Palms into Outlook on their PCs, then, once they activate their new BBs on the BB Enterprise Server, all that stuff would sync Over The Air into their phones.

Stuart,
    first off thanks for the reply. should they use the method with the google calendar, they still could sync the contacts from the palm, down to outlook, and then to the blackberry right? essentially outlook would be the middleman in all of this if they dont want to go the enterprise route?

thanks,
    Joe
    11-11-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD