My Friend has a bb pearl...he want to know why his phone dumps his call log and text messages randomly. any suggestions?
    12-18-08 11:38 AM
    Use the search function of this forum and search for memory optimization..... Its a memory issue and you've come to the right place for help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 11:42 AM
    i have plenty of free memory, but my phone keeps deleting my messages and call log. any ideas?
    12-18-08 07:16 PM
    i have plenty of free memory, but my phone keeps deleting my messages and call log. any ideas?
    How much is plenty of memory? This memory does not include any memory card that may be installed in the phone.

Options > Status > File Free
    12-18-08 07:25 PM
    This is due to memory loss! Go to Options>Status, and check File Free status. You should have a minimum of 12,000,000 free bytes in order for your BB to function smoothly. If you're low on memory, follow the instructions on this thread to help you out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

After you finish with the memory optimization, make sure all your media items (e.g. pics, music, video etc.) are stored on a media card. When you lose memory, your BB will start to delete the least important items to free up memory. This includes texts, emails and call logs. Try to keep an amount above or around 12,000,000 free bytes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 07:36 PM
    Sounds like a memory leak.

Best thing to do is (1) delete what applications you don't need, (2) uninstall unnecessary themes, images, videos, (3) place photos, music, videos, etc. on micro sd card (4) set calendar and messages to delete items after 15 days, and (5) perform battery pulls.
    12-19-08 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD