I have this thought lignering in my mind.

I'm thinking that how difficult is it for BlackBerry's own app devs (as in the devs that work for BlackBerry) to pump out apps for BlackBerry?

I mean look at facebook, twitter, etc. BlackBerry has its own plugin / native app, and its developed by BlackBerry.

What about others? Or the general direction is not to compete with 3rd party app devs?
    09-27-13 09:59 AM
    They could only produce apps that have public APIs available to 3rd party devs.
    The majority of major apps don't provide these APIs.
    Even Blackberry's Facebook app is lacking many features because the APIs for those particular features are not public.
    09-27-13 10:33 AM
    so out of curiousity, the team for blackberry (i mean the company's internal team, not 3rd party) can only do public APIs, and cannot behave as if they're a 3rd party vendor themselves in negotiating for a private API?

This question is formed with the assumption that it is legally acceptable for a company to do so with public and private APIs, irregardless whether it competes with 3rd party vendor's capabilities in utilizing / securing public and private APIs.
    09-28-13 12:10 PM
    BB developers need to build amazing apps that other people cannot live without. This will in-turn keeping customer in the platform and forcing developers on other platform to port to BB.

$ talks.
    09-28-13 12:44 PM
    I have this thought lignering in my mind.

I'm thinking that how difficult is it for BlackBerry's own app devs (as in the devs that work for BlackBerry) to pump out apps for BlackBerry?

I mean look at facebook, twitter, etc. BlackBerry has its own plugin / native app, and its developed by BlackBerry.

What about others? Or the general direction is not to compete with 3rd party app devs?
    I think BB developers are now allowed to develop their applications on their own time.
    badiyee likes this.
    09-28-13 12:45 PM