I've seen some form of this questions posed in other forums, but none that mirror my issue exactly ...

In my BB messenger contact list, 1 contact was added via PIN, the others were added via their email address. The one that was added by PIN is geographically the farthest away from me -- we could never get him added the other way -- it just stayed pending even after the request was accepted. But I digress. My problem is this ...

This contact will show as active. When I send a message, the message indicates D for delivered and then the contact status immediately goes to "Contact is Busy" and sometimes stays that way for a significant period of time. This happens about 50% of the time. Is the phone hibernating and that's why I'm getting the "busy" status?
    07-16-08 08:22 AM
    I should follow up and say that when my contact does respond, whether it's in 5 minutes or 5 hours, the status immediately goes back to active.
    07-16-08 08:23 AM
    If i'm not mistaken the "contact busy" means that after a set amount of time after the message is recieved and not replyed to it says he busy, the phone can be on or off, its not and issue really its just the time he takes to answer it after you have sent it. the d just means it has been delivered
    07-16-08 08:28 AM
    thanks. It goes to "busy" immediately though ...
    07-16-08 08:34 AM
    well then if it goes straight to busy it may just be the way the phone is set up, im not a hundred percent on that, does this happen with any of your other contacts or just him
    07-16-08 08:37 AM
    just that contact, the only one added via PIN, and geographically about 750 miles away.
    07-16-08 09:05 AM
    well once again i'm not real sure about this, i will try and see what i can find out for you. if i cant answer it i know there are people in here that are a little more knowledgeable than i am, but none the less i'll see what i can do for you
    07-16-08 09:08 AM
    great. Thanks!
    07-16-08 09:27 AM
    I am having the exact same problem. Even if I set an alert for when my contact goes online, I can send one message and he goes 'busy' again. Never know for sure if the message went thru. Updated to the new software, still happens. Using an unlocked 8300 on t-mobil. Unfortunately, my contact does not have the same enthusiasm about troubleshooting this problem...
    09-01-08 07:46 AM
    Using an unlocked 8300 on t-mobil. Unfortunately, my contact does not have the same enthusiasm about troubleshooting this problem...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    danieljames
    09-01-08 12:42 PM
    I have a storm and a curve. I've sat with both phones, and when I send a BBM to my curve, (while the curve is either on the web or sending/receiving email), I get the "contact is busy" message displayed on my storm.
    05-12-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD