I dont know how BIS is working in other countries but in my country there isnt much benefit from it. Yes, you can have unlimited bbm messages but there is no unlimited data per se. With BIS data plan we get some free MB and that is it. You must relly on compression mostly. BIS is also a drag with service books and aditional fuss with developers...
    Before anything, BBRY should work on internal functionallity, improve API, and implement all legacy BBOS features. On business side of story, I guess they have to choose will they sell phones to corporate and give BES10 for free or they shall sell BES10 to corporate and give phones for small fee. Selling both seems unrealistic

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 04:44 AM
    IIRC, BB10 stood at 5M handsets at the end of last year according to a few sources I'm too lazy to find right now.

So, with the recent results, there are now about 6M BB10 phones out there. I've never seen any attempt to break that figure down, but I reckon it's safe to assume there are vastly more Z10s and Q10s in the mix than there are Z30s and Q5s.

To give some perspective to that BB10 number... Windows Phone, which holds a poor third position in sales compared to Apple and Android, is selling more phones each quarter than BB10 has sold (in total) in the year or so it's been available.
    Yes. I think there were around 4.4 m sold last end of last quarter so they may be up to ~6, but actual user base is almost certainly lower. In fact more than any other brand I think many sales were repeat to fanboy first adopters - it sort of looks like they probably were MOST of the sales! Because these were first models and because the q10 and z10 were highly differentiated, I suspect percentage wise, relatively a Great deal of q and certainly z30 sales were to z10 owners.

It doesn't really matter if it's 3 or 6 though.
    03-31-14 04:45 AM
    Oops, wrong thread.
    03-31-14 04:51 AM
    Yes. I think there were around 4.4 m sold last end of last quarter so they may be up to ~6, but actual user base is almost certainly lower. In fact more than any other brand I think many sales were repeat to fanboy first adopters - it sort of looks like they probably were MOST of the sales! Because these were first models and because the q10 and z10 were highly differentiated, I suspect percentage wise, relatively a Great deal of q and certainly z30 sales were to z10 owners.

It doesn't really matter if it's 3 or 6 though.
    According to Chen in the CBC interview BB still have over 60 million subscribers.

That really puts BB10 into perspective and just how tiny it is. Hell, most of them must be on CB lol

#believeinfilm
    03-31-14 06:34 AM
    According to Chen in the CBC interview BB still have over 60 million subscribers.

That really puts BB10 into perspective and just how tiny it is.
    If that's the case, isn't it concerning BlackBerry is apparently shrinking its legacy team?
    03-31-14 08:26 PM
    Guess What? Nokia still relies more on its feature phones for revenue than its windows phone... and yes they still make them e.g. 515 but they are only Dumb phones really by definition not by use. The 515 has facial recognition, tethering capabilities and even social media 'apps'

The BlackBerry version would be.a heavily upgraded legacy phone, which they hardly have the funds or capacity to do, and the demand for Dumb phones is so much more than the demand for legacy bb7

Recalling more orders of the same phone is not BB07 continuing, your 'prediction' was a new BB7 phone was it not? Based on an 'inside tip' of some sort against rhyme or reason, I can admit when I'm wrong, when I am actually wrong, can you?

Get a Q20 , let them bring over as much legacy features as possible, and grow with BlackBerry, or just stock up on legacy devices. Because as soon as BB10 sales overtake legacy ones (which I predict will occur by the end of this year) then legacy will go the same way as the PlayBook, BIS is not going to be revived either way..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Attached Thumbnails The quarterly BB10 sales game - round 3-img_20140401_061310.png   The quarterly BB10 sales game - round 3-img_20140401_061327.png  
    04-01-14 01:07 AM
    Guess What? Nokia still relies more on its feature phones for revenue than its windows phone... and yes they still make them e.g. 515 but they are only Dumb phones really by definition not by use. The 515 has facial recognition, tethering capabilities and even social media 'apps'

The BlackBerry version would be.a heavily upgraded legacy phone, which they hardly have the funds or capacity to do, and the demand for Dumb phones is so much more than the demand for legacy bb7

Recalling more orders of the same phone is not BB07 continuing, your 'prediction' was a new BB7 phone was it not? Based on an 'inside tip' of some sort against rhyme or reason, I can admit when I'm wrong, when I am actually wrong, can you?

Get a Q20 , let them bring over as much legacy features as possible, and grow with BlackBerry, or just stock up on legacy devices. Because as soon as BB10 sales overtake legacy ones (which I predict will occur by the end of this year) then legacy will go the same way as the PlayBook, BIS is not going to be revived either way..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Do you think after 4 years they can build the exact same 9900 and 9790 again with the exact same parts by a different manufacturer?

I'll say I'm wrong when I'll be proven wrong.

#believeinfilm
    04-01-14 02:16 AM
    Because as soon as BB10 sales overtake legacy ones (which I predict will occur by the end of this year)
    Please share whatever it is you're smoking
    04-01-14 08:07 AM
    Oh when it's good stuff you don't even have to ask

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-01-14 08:39 AM
    If it happens because BlackBerry OS sales continue to drop (as has been happening) while BlackBerry 10 sales fail to rise up to fill the void (as has also been happening) there may be bigger problems.

If the Z3 does was the Q5 was supposed to do and it the Q20 does what the Q10 was supposed to do, they could indeed cross in the next three or four quarters.

BlackBerry OS devices are indeed outstripping BlackBerry 10 devices in sales and have for several quarters. But that doesn't negate the fact that BlackBerry OS devices themselves are rapidly dropping in unit volumes each and every quarter. What will they be at next quarter? 1.5 million?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 07:54 PM
160 ... 567