Well,...being a "world traveler and former CEO," that kind of thing is beneath him.
    I'm gonna start my own company, name myself CEO and retire all in one day just so I can do that as well, lol
    10-01-11 12:01 AM
    18to7fiddy, man you should be on the crackberry editorial team, your view points are well presented and makes a lot of sense even to the wicked trolls, heck they should atleast invite you the cb podcast for an intelligent debate .
    10-01-11 12:07 AM
    I'm gonna start my own company, name myself CEO and retire all in one day just so I can do that as well, lol
    Does the preceding statement violate the Terms of Service / Terms of Use Agreement of this very forum? Yes, yes it does. Send yourself a warning private message threatening to ban your account for making a personal attack against the contributor with name 'world traveler and former ceo'.

Enjoy your weekend.
    10-01-11 08:11 AM
    Little tense in here, eh? Anyway, I do hope QNX is worth the wait. If the OS is as simple to use as the PB OS, I'm hoping it will attract a lot of buyers. I think I'm going to hold off buying OS 7 because I love my 9780 and don't need a new device right now and I'm really hoping the QNX phones will be great. I look forward to the ease of OS updates that QNX will hopefully bring. Let's hope that QNX will amaze!
    sahil123 likes this.
    10-01-11 12:00 PM
    I read a few posts and just wanted to put some of my thoughts out there.
    I think PlayBook is awesome. infact, its so awesome that even awesome is impressed by its awesomeness. Having said that, I do agree there is something wrong with it (atleast I think so). Native e-mail/BBM and some minor OS issues here and there are a few of the problems that are dragging down the awesome hardware and form factor (also the name of the device). When I compare the PlayBook with the iPad. I would choose iPad, even though i have a BlackBerry and Bridging is awesome and I'm a fan of BlackBerry. Because the major difference between the PB and the iPad is that PB is something that will develop over time, whereas iPad is an already well developed tablet. Had the PB come with e-mail/BBM and OS 2.0 when it released, i would have definitely bought a PlayBook even if it was priced well above the iPad. Had RIMM waited for it to develop native email, get BBM on PlayBook and solved most OS issues and THEN released the PlayBook. Around this time of the year (a year later than its original release date) I would have preffered it over the iPad 2. Just to rush things they forgot to complete the 'package'. Had the PlayBook come out with these, I'm sure it would have made a MUCH better impression on consumers. Infact it would have brought Apple to shame, cause even with much better hardware specs it wouldn't be able to compete against the PlayBook.

Keeping all that in mind, I hope RIMM doesn't do that mistake with QNX superphones. I'd rather have them delayed by a year than come out and disgrace the company and to some extent us (for believing that QNX will revive RIMM). I think a completely developed QNX phone will be a better competitor than a half done device. People will start having faith in RIMM's future devices. I see around the forum's and I see posts by people who will wait for the 2nd generation of QNX Phones because they want it to be a complete package. This is where RIMM fails. RIMM should get buyers to trust them once again. hate to give an example by comparing them to apple but buyers trust apple. Most have decided to buy the iPhone 5 without knowing any information whatsoever relating to the device. This is the kind of customer base RIMM needs. But for that to happen they need to deliver power packed devices, time and again. Just wish some day RIMM achieves this.
    10-01-11 12:05 PM
    Does the preceding statement violate the Terms of Service / Terms of Use Agreement of this very forum? Yes, yes it does. Send yourself a warning private message threatening to ban your account for making a personal attack against the contributor with name 'world traveler and former ceo'.

Enjoy your weekend.
    I tried, it didn't allow me.. I also tried banning myself for a day.. didn't allow me to do that either. What ya gotta do to get things done around here?
    Rickroller likes this.
    10-01-11 02:20 PM
    We are at an interesting fork in the road here people and IMO RIM needs to step it up or they will be gone...

I'm a long time BB and PC user for many years. I started my career in a big company when we took delivery of the very first pc in the entire organization back in 1983. I learned DOS and Lotus 123 and became the "computer guy" for a few years before climbing my way up the ladder to other management jobs. My point is that I'm pretty technically literate, but with a business perspective.

In my opinion, most products have a very short period of time to reach out and grab us, or we often move on to something that does... I remember when my son was really young, I bought him an imac because everyone was raving about them. We brought it home and I quickly realized that the UI, workflow and OS maintenance routine was SO different than I was used to, that I couldn't really help him if he got into trouble. Couldn't even get the damn CD out of the drive until I called a friend who told me you had to drag the CD icon to the trash, to eject it. WTF! That was it, and I took it back to the store within 2 hours.

My point is that in that instant of time with an Apple product, they had my attention and the product just didn't grab me. Took me at least 10 years before I bought another apple product.

I've been on Blackberry since my Motorola Star Tac phone and never looked back. I like my Torch and wouldn't move to an iphone if they gave them away for free. And from the the looks of RIM's big market share, there are a lot of "legacy" people out there like me who are sticking with their BlackBerrys for now.

That said, the world is changing much faster these days and competition is fierce. Everybody is trying to build a better mouse trap and RIM needs to step it up or they will certainly lose that "legacy" market share and at some point, you just cant recover from a business model once problems start to snowball downhill. It's starting to happen and IMO they have about 6 months to get their act together. I for one, hope they can do it, but they really had better get it together and come up with something that everybody really, really wants, or we will all soon be chatting on some other bulletin board...
    Last edited by bjm007; 10-01-11 at 04:18 PM.
    10-01-11 02:53 PM
107 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD