View Poll Results: Which do you like better?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry

1 16.67%
  • QNX

3 50.00%
  • RIM

2 33.33%
    I feel like the other poll excluded another important brand name: QNX

Currently, in my opinion QNX is BB's most valuable asset. So I believe it's worth including in the poll.
    I didn't want to flood the forum with another poll. However I am very interested in seeing the results.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    03-11-14 06:26 PM
    I agree. I like QNX or BlackBerry QNX. It has a ring to it. I know it is an operating system that nobody really knows about but you can make it something that everyone knows about. Make it something people can talk about and make it something that people can say "Hey I use QNX phones and my car also uses QNX. That's pretty cool. BlackBerry can still be the secure enterprise devices. QNX can be branded on slick consumer devices. I say, why not?
    03-11-14 06:38 PM
    QNX is a damn software company. It's not a mobile manufacture. I say keep BlackBerry as is.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 06:38 PM
    QNX is a damn software company. It's not a mobile manufacture. I say keep BlackBerry as is.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I am aware of that. But QNX was a company before blackberry bought it. And now it seems like QNX playing a massive role. So why not use the name that is dominant within the company. Also by your logic switching from RIM to blackberry was a bad idea too. Because Blackberrys were devices manufactured by RIM.

Edit: I am not suggesting Blackberry switch names. I am just curious to find out how many will favor QNX if Chen decides to change name.
    03-11-14 06:45 PM
    I like BlackBerry. To me it's straight and to the point.

Posted from my Z30
    03-11-14 06:51 PM
    I don't care I just want a kick *** phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 08:23 PM
    QNX is only the foundation that BB10 is built upon, and while a foundation is important to the building, you can't live in (on?) just a foundation, right? A foundation has no roof, walls, plumbing, electrical, insulation, or decor. All of that is BB10, which is the building that sits on top of the QNX foundation.

Plus, QNX is used for many other things that have nothing to do with BB at all. No need to confuse QNX (but not BB) customers about what QNX is.
    03-11-14 08:43 PM
    QNX is only the foundation that BB10 is built upon, and while a foundation is important to the building, you can't live in (on?) just a foundation, right? A foundation has no roof, walls, plumbing, electrical, insulation, or decor. All of that is BB10, which is the building that sits on top of the QNX foundation.

Plus, QNX is used for many other things that have nothing to do with BB at all. No need to confuse QNX (but not BB) customers about what QNX is.
    IMO Blackberry brand is tarnished and RIM brand is ancient. I think Blackberry should become a software company which makes software based on QNX and leave hardware to others. (foxconn) Even though QNX is just software and the foundation, I think Blackberry should build the brand around it. At this point QNX is the only valuable asset they have.

In other words, I think the company should become what they bought back in 2011. Even though I like the 'blackberry' brand, it certainly isn't helping the company. I am not aware of all the details but it seems like Chen has noticed it as well.
    03-11-14 09:01 PM