I wonder if BlackBerry is able to run QNX on ticket machines for buying tickets to get on trains. My job uses BB10 and some BBOS devices. But I hear they are looking into new ticket machines. They get a lot of fraud and they run a old system. I was wonder if QNX can prevent credit card or ticket fraud. If so I think BlackBerry should talk to them they're a big transit system and could use the system update.

Posted via my BeastBerry Z30
    09-14-14 01:20 PM
    I was thinking that they should get into ATMs and POS machines (Point of Sale) in general. You hear of all the major retailers getting frauded and bank machines being hacked.

And imagine the integration! You could preset a transaction for an ATM, so as soon as you show up and tap/enter your password/fingerprint, the machine knows what to do.
    09-14-14 01:57 PM
    I was thinking that they should get into ATMs and POS machines (Point of Sale) in general. You hear of all the major retailers getting frauded and bank machines being hacked.

And imagine the integration! You could preset a transaction for an ATM, so as soon as you show up and tap/enter your password/fingerprint, the machine knows what to do.
    I deal with a lot of secured systems, and Windows can be secure enough for these applications. It comes down to configuration. Unless BlackBerry has a team that configures these systems for the client, it won't be much more secure.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 02:11 PM
    They do need to get into POS and ATM's. Would BlackBerry make the hardware or would they want something cheap. Windows is ancient and windows 8 looks horrible. QNX seems like it works with Android, ios, windows and BlackBerry. Why not so we can have a more accommodating system that's for everybody. Mobile payments, money transfers, and information will be simpler and safer.

Posted via my BeastBerry Z30
    09-14-14 03:50 PM
    How about electronic voting machines? If anyone can lock down a machine and secure the end to end communication to the government's central vote counting data center it would be BlackBerry.
    09-14-14 04:20 PM
    QNX is on money counting machines in Vegas.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    09-14-14 04:59 PM