Just saw this article about the possible delay of the new Colt QNX phone.

BBX smartphones may have already been delayed

As a side note, I really like the products RIM puts out and have owned several Blackberry phones. It's sad that some people really don't like Blackberry and think they're done. I hope we show them wrong!!!
    11-09-11 10:09 AM
    Another article based on speculation from an Anal-yst. No news at all.
    11-09-11 10:18 AM
    Pure speculation. Pure hot air.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 10:36 AM
    Given RIM's recent track record, its safe to say if they had supplied a date they would definitely miss it, but as of right now I don't believe a date has been set.
    11-09-11 10:48 AM
    Given RIM's recent track record, its safe to say if they had supplied a date they would definitely miss it, but as of right now I don't believe a date has been set.
    Lazaridis said something like "early 2012." Break out your dictionary to see if some time after Q1 can still be considered early.
    11-09-11 10:51 AM
    nah! .... I think we won't see it before march. Definitely blackberry shouldn't release it for X-Mas... they don't wanna price down. Remember that it's all for the profit!
    11-09-11 11:02 AM
    When is a BB product NOT delayed.
    11-09-11 11:03 AM
    When is a BB product NOT delayed.
    You beat me to it. RIM is worse than my best friend. He can't be on time to save his life.
    11-09-11 11:04 AM
    I agree it's speculation. I just hope I can enjoy my Torch for a while before I have to buy a new phone, again!!
    11-09-11 11:34 AM
    Lazaridis said something like "early 2012." Break out your dictionary to see if some time after Q1 can still be considered early.
    If Lazaridis said 2012 I would expect to see it in 2013.
    11-09-11 11:35 AM
    Pointless!!!
    11-09-11 12:27 PM
    I'd put the odds of them actually coming out with a phone in early 2012 at 10000:1. Honestly, I don't think they're even aiming for that.

I'd guess its way more likely that they'll go for August/September 2012 to try to catch the back-to-school crowd. That'd be a very reasonable 1 year from their last batch of phones being released and just sounds more doable for a brand new mobile OS.
    11-09-11 12:32 PM
    I'd put the odds of them actually coming out with a phone in early 2012 at 10000:1
    I bet a dollar against you. I'll be a fool to miss a potential 10K gain !
    11-09-11 01:08 PM
    What is scary is how relevant will RIM be in the high end smartphone market if they don't get a QNX phone out by mid-2012? Android and ios are moving so quickly I feel like RIM will constantly playing catch up. They are simply unable to move fast enough to keep up with this market. It is a fundamental organizational flaw with RIM. The os 7 phones are ok, but they are a stop gap at best and the next version of android and the iphone 5 will be out by next fall for this QNX phone to compete with. Moreover, developers are being lost as they have stopped writing software/apps for the old os, but don't really have a thriving market to write apps for QNX now. The playbook sales have been lackluster and this QNX super phone is so far off it is not even funny. I fear they will simply start developing for a more viable platform than stick with RIM. Maybe QNX wil lget these developer's apps later via android app player later but that is still abandoning RIM.
    11-09-11 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD