QANTAS cabin staff are toting BlackBerry smartphones in a trial of new customer service techniques.

The BlackBerry trial, which kicked off in mid-June, is expected to last until the end of the year

The airline has bought 400 BlackBerrys to investigate replacing paper-based customer service forms, according to Qantas chief information officer Jamila Gordon.

Onboard the plane, a customer service manager records information on the BlackBerry and after landing the device is synchronised with computers to download the data.

The trial, which kicked off in mid-June, is expected to last until the end of the year, Ms Gordon said.
    Productivity gains would be more transparent by then, she said. Qantas plans to purchase more BlackBerrys as the project progresses.

Source: Qantas staff fly with BlackBerry | Australian IT
    07-02-08 05:51 PM
    greatest airline in the WORLD, bar none
    07-03-08 03:59 PM
    I will respectfully disagree. Small little Midwest Airlines is, they serve the best chocolate chip cookies. Really though Quantas is awesome fo sho.
    07-03-08 04:04 PM
    Flown Quantas once to Australia and it was great.
    07-04-08 02:43 AM
    Yeah...Qantas is a top-notch airline...and I think they have a perfect safety record, too...zero passenger fatalities, ever, IIRC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 09:37 PM
    Still the only and I mean only airline to never crash,

Well that is based on what Dustin Hoffman said in Rain Man. Actually the biggest lost is 63 people in 1951, since then not one and have never lost an airliner at that. That is one **** of a statement of creditability.
    07-19-08 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD