Someone "in" send this to rim asap.

? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    03-11-14 09:42 PM
    I agree ^. Someone send them this beautiful beast!

Posted via My Beast Q10
    03-12-14 03:02 AM
    SHUT THE HECK UP AND TAKE ALL MY MOTHEREFFING MUNNY!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 10:34 AM
    Yes, my idea is to have each key an actual tiny display that can display anything needed like when you connect multiple tvs together to make a big screen. The keys can be like the storm screen on each key. Touch and touch and press!!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 10:57 AM
    Kevin get in here!

Call to ARMS!

? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    03-12-14 12:11 PM
    OMG, I want that three row keyboard concept to just die already. It makes my blood pressure go up every time I see it... Needing to swipe to see the symbols is something you have to do with a virtual keyboard. It's a bandaid fix, it is NOT faster or more efficient than simply having the symbols on the keys and holding the alt key to type them. The point of sacrificing screen real-estate for a physical keyboard is to have these advantages of always being able to see the symbols you need and where they are on the keyboard. By requiring you to swipe on the keyboard just to even see where you'll need to type next to get a symbol takes up time in the form of the time it takes for the symbols to change, then the time for you to find the symbol, then the time to press it. With a physical keyboard with the symbols clearly marked above the letters, you know where the symbol you need is while you're typing, then while you're typing you merely hit the alt then the key and you continue typing. To use multiple symbols in a row, you merely hold the alt key. With this stupid three row touch keyboard thing, what, you have to swipe, search, think, and type for each symbol individually?? Does anyone else here realize how stupid and slow that is??? Why are we sacrificing screen real-estate for a physical keyboard if it behaves just like a virtual keyboard? Why don't we just have an all-touch and be done with it??? smh

Some individuals are just obsessed with it just because "oh it's newer and cooler" and because it APPEARS more streamlined. I'll take productivity over gimmicks any day of the week, thanks...
    03-15-14 01:39 AM
    No swiping to switch the second is faster then holding shift and pushing the button. Assuming you can swipe at any letter you last pushed.

Like "K -->". K swipe at least one letter length. Would save so much time

? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    03-15-14 11:27 AM
    No swiping to switch the second is faster then holding shift and pushing the button. Assuming you can swipe at any letter you last pushed.

Like "K -->". K swipe at least one letter length. Would save so much time

? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    Uh, are you talking about doing caps or what?
    03-15-14 12:19 PM
    OMG, I want that three row keyboard concept to just die already. It makes my blood pressure go up every time I see it...
    Funny how 99% of the smartphone owning world can manage just fine with symbols on another screen, but stalwart BlackBerry physical Qwerty users just can't adapt or accept change. Should physical Qwerty never develop and move forward with innovation? Should it remain in 2005 forever more? Should we as a species have revolted against living in houses and stayed in caves?

Some individuals are just obsessed with
    Given that you're ranting about this on two different threads at the moment I don't think it's other people who have the obsession.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    toneytone and BallRockReaper like this.
    03-15-14 11:05 PM
    Maybe they can make it a click and move finger diagonal right from the point of letter for caps. Or it can be like it is now and just hold down button for caps or most commonly it auto capitalizes anyways. See I just got a capital s with out doing anything.

Swipe back to erase words INSTaNTLY!

Ahhhhh so much potential! To save time and be awesome user experience!

? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    03-15-14 11:27 PM
    I would buy that in aa heartbeat!! It's the best concept I've seen so far. I hope blackberry takes suggestions from crackberry.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    03-16-14 12:37 AM
    Funny how 99% of the smartphone owning world can manage just fine with symbols on another screen, but stalwart BlackBerry physical Qwerty users just can't adapt or accept change. Should physical Qwerty never develop and move forward with innovation? Should it remain in 2005 forever more? Should we as a species have revolted against living in houses and stayed in caves?

Given that you're ranting about this on two different threads at the moment I don't think it's other people who have the obsession.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Most people are fine with a disadvantage in their typing speed and accuracy because they have different priorities. That being media consumption that is better with the bigger screen. When you have a physical keyboard, you're sacrificing the screen real-estate. There must be some benefit to that sacrifice, and the benefit is the quickness and the lack of these extra steps to get to the things that a virtual keyboard requires. Give or take, that's what makes a physical keyboard worth it to those who prioritize productivity over media consumption. Now when you make a physical keyboard, and take those advantages away from it and make it behave like a virtual keyboard, please explain to me why make that sacrifice in screen real-estate if it will have the same drawbacks of a virtual keyboard? Please explain how that makes any sense. If this was the only way for a physical keyboard to come on a phone, I will just get an all-touch device with a virtual keyboard...

And I'm glad what the majority of other people decide is cool or better has such an impact on your own personal opinion. I guess I'm the weird one that likes to come up with my own conclusions and opinions rather than care what the other "99%" thinks... I'm sure when you're deciding a name for your child you'll research into what the most popular name was that year...
    03-16-14 12:48 AM
    Maybe they can make it a click and move finger diagonal right from the point of letter for caps. Or it can be like it is now and just hold down button for caps or most commonly it auto capitalizes anyways. See I just got a capital s with out doing anything.

Swipe back to erase words INSTaNTLY!

Ahhhhh so much potential! To save time and be awesome user experience!

? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    Um, just in case it isn't real clear, I never mentioned anything about capital letters... I'm talking about typing SYMBOLS like #()-_@*/:;'".,!?
    03-16-14 12:51 AM
    The concept looks really gorgeous, no question. That is some really competent work from the point of view of looks and software. Thanks for sharing.

From a usability point of view, I have concerns like slagman. I wouldn't be surprised if he uses a phone with a physical keyboard, like I do.

1. Swiping or gesturing to see a different symbol set is not optimal, especially compared to a Bold or a Q10.

2. It will likely be very expensive to have touch sensitivity along with sculpted keys. Plain unsculpted keys will take away the typing-by-feel, a highly desirable characteristic of the Q10.

3. The balance of weight is problematic.

4. There is something about a portrait keyboard and a square screen that seems just right. This point is rather subjective though, and debatable.

I wonder if this design tries too hard to mitigate the compromise between a physical keyboard and a large screen. in today's landscape, it appears that people choose a physical keyboard only if they want it badly enough to let go of the large screen. For me personally, I knew that tradeoff while buying the Q10, and I wouldn't accept a phone that compromised the usability of the keyboard.
    03-16-14 01:24 AM
    The concept looks really gorgeous, no question. That is some really competent work from the point of view of looks and software. Thanks for sharing.

From a usability point of view, I have concerns like slagman. I wouldn't be surprised if he uses a phone with a physical keyboard, like I do.

1. Swiping or gesturing to see a different symbol set is not optimal, especially compared to a Bold or a Q10.

2. It will likely be very expensive to have touch sensitivity along with sculpted keys. Plain unsculpted keys will take away the typing-by-feel, a highly desirable characteristic of the Q10.

3. The balance of weight is problematic.

4. There is something about a portrait keyboard and a square screen that seems just right. This point is rather subjective though, and debatable.

I wonder if this design tries too hard to mitigate the compromise between a physical keyboard and a large screen. in today's landscape, it appears that people choose a physical keyboard only if they want it badly enough to let go of the large screen. For me personally, I knew that tradeoff while buying the Q10, and I wouldn't accept a phone that compromised the usability of the keyboard.
    Very well-said. Yes, I am using a Q10, well, I am now, just now I was replying from my PC (now I'm in a different room), and that's exactly my point. Qwerty customers are sacrificing screen size for productivity. While all-touch customers prefer larger screens to the productivity benefits a physical keyboard provides. This concept pretty much combines the worse qualities of both. A compromised screen size (while bigger than the Q10, it still could be bigger if that keyboard wasn't there), AND a keyboard that requires extra steps to see the symbols and lack the tactile feel that allows for easy "no look" typing... So it's like slapping a virtual keyboard onto a qwerty phone's smaller screen...

I just feel a device like a Q10 would satisfy one's need for a keyboard better than this while a Z30 would satisfy one's need for a larger screen than this. This is like a half-way phone that doesn't really benefit either...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    03-16-14 02:02 AM
    It's seems that BlackBerry is moving forward with making the evolution of the Q10 into something that will grab the attention of folks who left the qwerty side for something new. The classic line looks to stay the course for folks who don't like change much. Change doesn't always mean better or more productive. Change is needed sometimes just to keep something new.

Posted via Z30 C0002FDEF
    03-16-14 12:33 PM
    That would be so awkward... why not get a full touch instead??

Q10
    slagman5 likes this.
    03-16-14 01:35 PM
    That would be so awkward... why not get a full touch instead??

Q10
    Exactly...

03-16-14 02:48 PM
    Symbols should be swipe down and the push button. So same as now. Now it's push sym and then push corresponding button.

? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    03-16-14 03:39 PM
    Symbols should be swipe down and the push button. So same as now. Now it's push sym and then push corresponding button.

? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    Not exactly. While typing with two hands you are already reaching for the alt key while typing the last letter before your intended symbol. And on top of that, you already know where that symbol is. With this you have to finish typing, then swipe, then look to see where the symbol is, then hit the key. And depending on if it toggles the symbols, you either have to swipe again just to continue typing while before you can just continue typing, or if it went away automatically, then typing multiple symbols in a row will require multiple swipes to accomplish that goal... I don't understand how you don't realize this.

03-16-14 04:48 PM
    But "already reaching" for the alt key is a waste of time when you can swipe down from any spot at your last letter. I dunno how you don't realize it the potential speed boost a swipe + push keyboard has.

? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    03-16-14 10:02 PM
    But ya multiple symbols are rare but I can see the the solution.

The keyboard will stay all symbols until you swipe down agian. Maybe you can change this feature. This way you can pound out gibberish quickly!

!/();'+-:/()_-;:/(/'"'+.!-+"';

Until you swipe down agian.

? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    03-16-14 10:05 PM
    Now that's a phone

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:06 PM
    But ya multiple symbols are rare but I can see the the solution.

The keyboard will stay all symbols until you swipe down agian. Maybe you can change this feature. This way you can pound out gibberish quickly!

!/();'+-:/()_-;:/(/'"'+.!-+"';

Until you swipe down agian.

? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    Um, again, if that's the case, then when you only need to put one symbol, it'll require an extra swipe after to continue typing, while with the alt key you simply let go of the alt key for either case... And how is it a waste of time if you're doing it WHILE you're typing the last letter?? That doesn't take up any time since it's done at the same time... Wow. You know what man? Forget it, I've explained this as clearly as I could possibly do, if you don't understand it, you won't ever understand it, so just continue believing that this mimicking a virtual keyboard thing is somehow quicker than how a regular physical keyboard is. Don't worry about it, you're right, you're absolutely right, I'm totally wrong, now we're done with this back and forth right? Good, thanks man.
    03-16-14 11:56 PM
    this looks great! the lens looks pretty sweet on the back as well.
    This is a winning design. On top of that, your workmanship is top notch. Better than most concept devices I've seen lately.
    03-17-14 10:53 AM
55 123