So apparently the track pad is coming back to BlackBerry, either on a new legacy phone or a new BB10 device. At least that's what I read on the forums just 5 minutes ago. Rumor or not, this gave me quite an idea. Seeing as the whole idea of BB10 is to use gestures, why not make the entire keyboard area of a new BB10 QUERTY device touch sensitive? Not as in making it flat, because that would effectively make it a screen, but make it sensitive to gestures so you could swipe left and right between screens and scroll up and down websites by gently running your finger offer the surface of the keyboard.

Of course, this would make the experience kind of different and maybe even awkward for a bit. I've never actually used a Q10, but I imagine that it can be a bit of a hassle to reach for the screen every time you need to do something after typing.

I don't think the technology is too out of reach to do this, it's the general idea of Samsungs back and option buttons or Apple's track pad on its Mac's. It might or might not be very useful or practical (have to try out a Q10 myself to be sure) but I think it's a new innovative idea that could boost BlackBerry's image a bit (if that's still possible). In any case, it's certainly better than bringing that track pad back *shiver*

Posted via CB10
    joejuck likes this.
    02-24-14 08:11 AM
    That might be why that Windermere leak had such a weird keyboard, although I have the feeling that something as out-there as a touch sensitive keyboard would have a steeper learning curve than the gestures of BB10; well, a gentle slope for people here, but a cliff for the general public.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 08:44 AM
    No more legacy phones will be produce from my understanding (I can not even think of the last time my BB7 device got an updated), so if the trackpad is coming back it is going to be on a BB10 phone or phones.

The real question becomes how is the trackpad and the rest of the 4 buttons will look like on a BB10 device because for all we know it might come in a different design compared to what is on legacy devices.
    02-24-14 03:32 PM