I'm using a BB Curve now and consider to change to BB Classic. I just recognized that battery pull is not possible. My experience was with the Curve that in several case the only way was the battery pull because soft rest did not solved some issues or keyboard was frozen

Could Classic users post their experience if Q20 architecture made on a different way and soft reset really solves everything?

thank you, Peter
    07-14-16 12:27 AM
    yes.
    07-14-16 01:15 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is nothing like BBOS, which always required a battery pull. The OS is much more stable, has a larger pool of memory, and offers a much better multitasking ability. Make the change and you'll be much happier.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 07:15 AM
    Hard reset is possible without doing a battery pull.... and yes you will have to do it from time to time. But I've never heard of anyone not being able to hold the volume keys or power button to reboot their phone.
    07-14-16 07:20 AM
    Agree with this thread... the dreaded "battery pull" scenarios of old are really a thing of the past.
    07-14-16 07:21 AM
    There is No need to pull the battery on any BlackBerry 10 device. OS is smooth.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 07-16-16 at 11:20 AM.
    bh7171 likes this.
    07-16-16 11:09 AM
    It's not running the 1990s vintage Jenga tower that is BBOS, so you're fine without pulling the battery.
    rthonpm likes this.
    07-16-16 01:16 PM
    I hardly ever restart my Q10, and if I do its when a website did something strange I didnt like or made me uncomfortable, but, RARELY BUT SOMETIMES, the hang up push does not hang up the phone and I dont realize it right away, those times I just kill the phone instead of repeating the button push.

Q10 with a toolbelt would = PERFECTION!
    07-16-16 01:37 PM
    I hardly ever restart my Q10, and if I do its when a website did something strange I didnt like or made me uncomfortable, but, RARELY BUT SOMETIMES, the hang up push does not hang up the phone and I dont realize it right away, those times I just kill the phone instead of repeating the button push.

Q10 with a toolbelt would = PERFECTION!
    I've found that when I push END to hang up the call and it doesn't respond, I quickly minimize the phone app and then maximize it again, then the END function works fine. Seems like the END function loses focus ...

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 07:54 AM
    I still had to do Hard Resets from time to time... usually more of an Android lockup of the phone. Or the phone app itself would go buggy .
    But the Volume Keys worked just fine....

That said I'd usually change out my battery on my Z10 about three or four times a week, so I guess I was doing regular "battery pulls" anyway.
    07-20-16 08:03 AM
    I've had to do a hard reset occasionally, almost always caused by an Android app. That said, I've had to do the same on my Android and even on my iPad occasionally, at the same frequency... very rare.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 10:00 AM
    Awesome username btw

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-21-16 04:21 PM

That said I'd usually change out my battery on my Z10 about three or four times a week, so I guess I was doing regular "battery pulls" anyway.
    Three times a day on this Z10. Curse my broken Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 09:01 PM