What do you guys thing about the Q10's build quality? I think it's as nice if not better than the 99XX; due to many things but especially to the fact that the back cover is awesome and doesn't get scratched. Thus, my phone still looks pristine several months in.

I also think it rivals Iphone 5 built quality. I've held both at the same time and they are both very nice looking devices.

Secondly, if the Z30/A10's build quality is similar to the Q10 and with the specs that have been reported do you think it will sell better than the Z10?

Posted via my Q10
    08-03-13 05:21 PM
    No, it will not sale more than the Z10 and it's not due to its build quality, it's simply cause a 5inch phone are not for everyone.

Though, I believe the build quality on the A10 will be better than the Z10
    Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 05:23 PM
    This is purely subjective but the Q10 has the comparative build quality of the Bold 9700, at best. It does not come close to the build quality of the 99xx series and should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as the iPhone 5.

I also do not think it will sell more than the Z10 because (A) the size is too big for some and (B) by the time it comes to market it will be way behind the curve (no pun intended )
    h20work likes this.
    08-03-13 05:49 PM
    The build is questionable for me, or at least the design.
    If we leave aside major losses like the trackpad, one of the biggest gripes I have is the loudspeaker is on the bottom of the phone.
    This means with the phone in it's holster, there's almost no chance of hearing alerts and notifications in most situations.
    Surely it should have been higher up, and not obscured by the holster.
    It's a huge issue and is in keeping with what I feel is an overall lack of testing and customer feedback in the hardware and the OS, with no end in sight, given the recent stripping of the dark mode with no real customer feedback sought.
    08-03-13 05:57 PM
    snip... but the Q10 has the comparative build quality of the Bold 9700, at best. ... and should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as the iPhone 5.
    Repeated for emphasis.
    08-03-13 06:11 PM
    This is purely subjective but the Q10 has the comparative build quality of the Bold 9700, at best. It does not come close to the build quality of the 99xx series and should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as the iPhone 5.

I also do not think it will sell more than the Z10 because (A) the size is too big for some and (B) by the time it comes to market it will be way behind the curve (no pun intended )
    Specifically what don't you like about it? Keyboard is definitely nicer IMHO, it has a larger screen, a bigger battery, and the back is made from a nicer material. If it's just the fact that the metal is coated black then I wouldn't classify that as a build quality issue, just a personal preference.

Also, I can understand about the speaker thing, but the only real issue I have with the phone is that there is no conductive charging plate like the 99XX... I also think the OS is good enough that the track pad and other buttons on the bold are unnecessary.

Posted via my Q10
    08-03-13 06:23 PM
    Specifically what don't you like about it?
    Not parsing words here but I did NOT say I did not like the Q10, I happen to like it a lot. What I said, or rather intimated is that based on my personal subjective measure the 99xx series is the better build quality of the two and there is no comparing it to the iPhone 5.

To your points, keyboard is a personal issue (I still think the Pearl 8100 is as good as BlackBerry ever made ) , size of screen and capacity of the battery are not measures of build quality. The battery cover I will concede to you though.
    08-03-13 06:30 PM
    Not parsing words here but I did NOT say I did not like the Q10, I happen to like it a lot. What I said, or rather intimated is that based on my personal subjective measure the 99xx series is the better build quality of the two and there is no comparing it to the iPhone 5.
    I took it the way you meant it. What do you like better about the 99XX/iphone 5? I just don't see it lol. It seems to me that ppl like the 99XX better mosly because of the trackpad... But the materials seem to be about the same.

Posted via my Q10
    08-03-13 07:03 PM
    I haven't noticed a problem with the Q10 speaker. Maybe because I have it in a horizontal holster. But I can hear it well enough to listen to music with it in the holster. And I have pretty bad hearing. Maybe the volume is too low on your notifications?

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    08-03-13 07:13 PM
    Nah got volume on max for notifications, hear it just fine out of holster, v muffled in holster due to speaker placement.
    The conductive charging points are another huge miss for me, really miss having my Bold on my bedside as my clock/alarm.
    08-03-13 07:19 PM
    Nah got volume on max for notifications, hear it just fine out of holster, v muffled in holster due to speaker placement.
    The conductive charging points are another huge miss for me, really miss having my Bold on my bedside as my clock/alarm.
    I haven't had a problem with the speaker either but I was just saying I could understand if someone did if they had the leather sleeve of something similar. I couldn't believe they left out the conductive chargers though... I agree it's definitely a huge miss.

Posted via my Q10
    08-03-13 07:31 PM
    Q10 is well built. One of the best built phones available. On a par with an I phone 5 and much better than older I phones - I see so many I phones being used with cracked screens.
    The design is sub-optimal in a couple of areas but nothing too serious.
    I completely agree the speaker is in wrong place. The lack of trackpad is an issue and although the keyboard is good it lends itself to two thumb typing - I still have a preference for Bold 9790 and 9900 keyboard for one handed use but there's very little in it.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 02:43 AM
    On the Z30 I can't see sales exceeding the Z10 as there's just not enough distinction between the two phones. Maybe if they had added a trackpad to make it a distinct device. They mentioned Z30 for gamers - a trackpad would be good for that.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 02:47 AM
    On the Z30 I can't see sales exceeding the Z10 as there's just not enough distinction between the two phones. Maybe if they had added a trackpad to make it a distinct device. They mentioned Z30 for gamers - a trackpad would be good for that.

Posted via CB10
    blackberry needs to move forward not back no other phone has a trackpad and mobile gaming is still eating into console gaming by a huge margin and iphones and andriods have no trackpads they are good for games so the z30 does not need one i agree it does need to be distinctive from other 5 inch phones but putting a legacy button onto a device built for use with gestures is rather pointless aslong as the touch screen is very responsive it wont need one for games id say add a qwerty slider to it or least the z10 that gives it disintiction and alot of people do want a slider no matter how many people play it down as a niche what blackberry needs is a niche to make it stand out and take over i think that niche does need to be different from a slider tho
    08-04-13 07:42 AM
    I took it the way you meant it. What do you like better about the 99XX/iphone 5? I just don't see it lol. It seems to me that ppl like the 99XX better mosly because of the trackpad... But the materials seem to be about the same.

Posted via my Q10
    You think the build quality on the 99XX is better than the Q10?? With that plastic back that scratches like crazy and that postage stamp sized screen? Maybe just a sucker for chrome? I miss that aluminum edging. I never got a case on my 99XX just because I didn't wanna cover it up.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:48 AM