You clearly haven't seen him post before. No matter what BlackBerry does, he will find something to drag the forum down with. He is angry about his email and will never get over it.
    Nobody said features should not be brought back and in fact they have been.

Posted via CB10
    I read all his post from this treat and I found them reasonable.

If there is something in past, you are right I am not familiar with it.

p.s. Could anyone explain why bedside mode can be activated even the phone is locked? Someone could turn your phone in bedside mode.
    When the phone is locked it should stay locked.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:21 PM

p.s. Could anyone explain why bedside mode can be activated even the phone is locked? Someone could turn your phone in bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    It does stay locked in bedside mode. Try it and swipe up in the morning, it's locked.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:24 PM
    I used to use the iPhone as my personal toy device for friends and twitter n stuff. Now I'm getting rid of it n using my Z10 as fun personal n getting the Q10 as my work phone. Math adds up. IPhone will be ipod at the gym
    02-09-14 02:25 PM
    It does stay locked in bedside mode. Try it and swipe up in the morning, it's locked.

Posted via CB10
    I think he means that it shouldn't be able to be put in bedside mode if it's locked already. In theory, someone could put it in bedside mode and you would no longer receive notifications. I'm waiting for mine to lock to see if this is applicable to my phone. I rarely use bedside mode as it is as I sleep through pretty much anything unless it's repetitive and annoying.
    02-09-14 02:26 PM
    I think he means that it shouldn't be able to be put in bedside mode if it's locked already. In theory, someone could put it in bedside mode and you would no longer receive notifications. I'm waiting for mine to lock to see if this is applicable to my phone. I rarely use bedside mode as it is as I sleep through pretty much anything unless it's repetitive and annoying.
    I just locked mine after I reread his post. I can't put it in bedside mode from picture password at least so he is wrong.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes it's stays locked but you can turn on bedside mode even the phone is locked.

My phone is always locked with password and sometimes my kids are putting it in bedside mode.

It needs to have option to disable bedside mode while the phone is locked. Or something like this. It's not a big deal, just a suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:31 PM
    Then why not a second BlackBerry? I'm just using logic here. You state that it's always there as a just in case scenario. Since you stated earlier, "the iPhone does suck", one would presume that you prefer your BlackBerry yet you still choose to use your iPhone for entertainment. I'm "assuming" why you carry two based on what you have written, not pulling ideas out of thin air. If it does indeed suck, then one would easily presume that using your secondary BlackBerry would suit your needs better no? That is, of course, assuming your backup BlackBerry satisfies your needs in the same way that the iPhone does.

I loved my old BlackBerry, so I'm not knocking it, just it did/does have it's issues and for me, those issues have been resolved in BB10
    You're assuming wrong again, I'm not carrying two BBs because I was given a free iphone 5 and because I only have BIS on the main sim, not on the data sharing sim.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-09-14 02:32 PM
    I just locked mine after I reread his post. I can't put it in bedside mode from picture password at least so he is wrong.

Posted via CB10
    I I just did the same and from the password state, no, I can't, but if I go to the lock screen, while the phone is locked, it does allow to be put in bedside mode. I agree with him. The phone should need to be unlocked in order to implement bedside mode.
    herol likes this.
    02-09-14 02:32 PM
    Yes it's stays locked but you can turn on bedside mode even the phone is locked.

My phone is always locked with password and sometimes my kids are putting it in bedside mode.

It needs to have option to disable bedside mode while the phone is locked. Or something like this. It's not a big deal, just a suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    I can't lock mine but I use picture password.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:33 PM
    I I just did the same and from the password state, no, I can't, but if I go to the lock screen, while the phone is locked, it does allow to be put in bedside mode. I agree with him. The phone should need to be unlocked in order to implement bedside mode.
    Oh didn't try to lock screen. I can see what he means now.

Posted via CB10
    You're assuming wrong again, I'm not carrying two BBs because I was given a free iphone 5 and because I only have BIS on the main sim, not on the data sharing sim.

Cool. I'm happy for you. You seem to get a lot of free phones. Well done.

Posted via CB10
    Not only you can turn bedside mode on but you can also turn the device off while locked.

02-09-14 02:34 PM
    Not only you can turn bedside mode on but you can also turn the device off while locked.

That, to me, is a non issue as really, if one wanted to, they could just yank the battery too. But, they should implement that the phone should be unlocked in order to make that kind of process work.
    ray689 likes this.
    02-09-14 02:35 PM
    That, to me, is a non issue as really, if one wanted to, they could just yank the battery too. But, they should implement that the phone should be unlocked in order to make that kind of process work.
    It was a issue for me in an universal car cradle.

02-09-14 02:36 PM

What?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:37 PM

Yes, this is true. Needs to be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:38 PM

A-buh? Care to elaborate?
    ray689 likes this.
    02-09-14 02:41 PM
    That's a quality control issue though, and the devices were made in 3 different places at least. Hungary made devices were always better then Mexico made ones.

Still it is a point of failure, and I've experienced a 50% failure rate with the track pads in 990o and 9360 models. In sure the Hungarian made models aren't immune from these issues.

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    02-09-14 02:41 PM
    With Z30 it will be impossible to remove the battery) )

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Holy crap you guys....fine someone could just smash your phone or dunk it in water then.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:46 PM
    A-buh? Care to elaborate?
    The top hand of the cradle was just above the button and if I'd make it to tight it would press the button down.

02-09-14 02:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's why I said "to me" and also added that it should be unlocked. The Z30 scenario does not apply to legacy devices as they all had easily removable batteries.
    ray689 likes this.
    02-09-14 02:47 PM
    The top hand of the cradle was just above the button and if I'd make it to tight it would press the button down.

If YOU'LD make it too tight?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:48 PM
    If YOU'LD make it too tight?

Posted via CB10
    It's a universal design with 3 legs, you extend the top one to put the phone in and then press it down to hold it in. It's a ratchet type.

02-09-14 02:50 PM

Then in that case, the universal cradle was not designed well to fit with the Z10. Universal anything is designed to fit "most" and doesn't always work for all.
    02-09-14 02:50 PM
114 ... 2345