Ever forget to turn your legacy device off or fell asleep before you could do it and your sleep is then disturbed? Same thing man. Each takes a physical action on the users part.
    Ahem, wrong, you had the programable auto on/off, set it once and forget. It was different for week/weekends too.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-09-14 01:50 PM
    You don't get it, deleted emails should go to the deleted or trash folder, when that bug happens they just disappear in thin air, no trace of them.

It happened to me at Christmas btw, not 6 months ago.

Whatever it was....It's time to get over it and move on. If you think you are the only person that has ever had a device (BlackBerry or otherwise) do some strange things then you are sadly mistaken. This is in no way representative of the platform for the millionth time. If that were true then every IPhone wipes itself and absolutely sucks because that happened to my wife's iPhone 5 and Apple needs to do something about that.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 01:51 PM
    Whatever it was....It's time to get over it and move on. If you think you are the only person that has ever had a device (BlackBerry or otherwise) do some strange things then you are sadly mistaken. This is in no way representative of the platform for the millionth time. If that were true then every IPhone wipes itself and absolutely sucks because that happened to my wife's iPhone 5 and Apple needs to do something about that.

Posted via CB10
    The iphone does suck and the CB app keeps crashing half way through my replies.

02-09-14 01:52 PM
    Ahem, wrong, you had the programable auto on/off, set it once and forget. It was different for week/weekends too.

Fair enough. I never used that feature as getting calls was of paramount importance.
    02-09-14 01:53 PM
    The iphone does suck and the CB app keeps crashing half way through my replies.

Then why aren't you using your BlackBerry?
    velkod likes this.
    02-09-14 01:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 246383
    02-09-14 01:56 PM
    I am, for calls, emails, BBM etc the iphone is for entertainment.

02-09-14 01:56 PM
    I am, for calls, emails, BBM etc the iphone is for entertainment.

Have you always used 2 phones?
    02-09-14 01:58 PM
    The difference is a BBOS phone will last in off mode for months and still wake up to ring the alarm, a BB10 device in bedside mode will not last more them a couple of days.

There is no comparison if battery life is important. The auto on/off feature could double or triple your battery life in a trip.

Plus some people just don't want electronics to run by their head while they're sleeping.

And FYI, no need for it to be "running" by your head while you are sleeping.

Q10 will eventually have all Bold software functionality-img_20140209_140045.png

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:01 PM
    It's to do with your font size setting... old BlackBerry was the same... and for a lot of people that depends on their eyesight

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:02 PM
    And FYI, no need for it to be "running" by your head while you are sleeping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140209_140045.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	246384

Posted via CB10
    Yes it still is lol. I never said "connected to network"

02-09-14 02:02 PM
    Have you always used 2 phones?
    Most times, for a while I was using the PlayBook as second device. I now have the iphone and a data sharing sim (just data, no calls or SMS)

02-09-14 02:04 PM
    Most times, for a while I was using the PlayBook as second device. I now have the iphone and a data sharing sim (just data, no calls or SMS)

So essentially, BBOS did/does not provide you with the full user experience that mobile phone users today expect from a device. Having to carry two, is because one alone isn't satisfying all needs. For many of us, BB10 is doing just that. Sure there are features missing, that are being added as we go, and you suffered from a major email issue, but those issues are felt by the minority, not majority.
    ray689 likes this.
    02-09-14 02:07 PM
    Read and delivery confirmation requests on emails... hopefully they add that back...

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:09 PM
    C'mon people, belfastdispatcher is talking about two useful features. What's wrong with that?

If it's not so technically difficult to implement, they should bring them back.

In fact BlackBerry needs to bring as many features of the OS7 to OS10. And I think they are doing it in good way.

Posted via CB10
    belfastdispatcher and bbq10l like this.
    02-09-14 02:10 PM
    So essentially, BBOS did/does not provide you with the full user experience that mobile phone users today expect from a device. Having to carry two, is because one alone isn't satisfying all needs. For many of us, BB10 is doing just that. Sure there are features missing, that are being added as we go, and you suffered from a major email issue, but those issues are felt by the minority, not majority.
    No no, I carry two because I run my business from my BB, I always have a spare phone charged in the car and/or a second device that I could just put my main sim in. I learned that the hard way.

Don't assume why I carry two devices.

02-09-14 02:11 PM
    Yes it still is lol. I never said "connected to network"

Bottom line is this, legacy devices as you have been told and agreed with earlier never truly turned off either. You are just arguing for the sake of argument. I have told you, in bedside mode my Z30 would last weeks too since it doesn't even lose 5% overnight. Time to stop living in the past man.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:11 PM
    Read and delivery confirmation requests on emails... hopefully they add that back...

Posted via CB10
    That was unfortunately a BIS feature, and I'm not so sure that will make a comeback.

02-09-14 02:12 PM
    Fair enough. I never used that feature as getting calls was of paramount importance.
    It was very handy, I loved it. Very useful to conserve battery too, since the phone went into a deep sleep (no pun intended.)
    02-09-14 02:13 PM
    C'mon people, belfastdispatcher is talking about two useful features. What's wrong with that?

If it's not so technically difficult to implement, they should bring them back.

In fact BlackBerry needs to bring as many features of the OS7 to OS10. And I think they are doing it in good way.

Posted via CB10
    You clearly haven't seen him post before. No matter what BlackBerry does, he will find something to drag the forum down with. He is angry about his email and will never get over it.
    Nobody said features should not be brought back and in fact they have been.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:14 PM
    That was unfortunately a BIS feature, and I'm not so sure that will make a comeback.

So was the "delete on handset" according to many in here and I believe you included and they managed to bring it back...and it was no easy task either.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:15 PM
    Bottom line is this, legacy devices as you have been told and agreed with earlier never truly turned off either. You are just arguing for the sake of argument. I have told you, in bedside mode my Z30 would last weeks too since it doesn't even lose 5% overnight. Time to stop living in the past man.

Posted via CB10
    And I've told you it's not the same thing because a legacy device turned off lasts for months and it's not loosing 5% a night

02-09-14 02:16 PM
    No no, I carry two because I run my business from my BB, I always have a spare phone charged in the car and/or a second device that I could just put my main sim in. I learned that the hard way.

Don't assume why I carry two devices.

Then why not a second BlackBerry? I'm just using logic here. You state that it's always there as a just in case scenario. Since you stated earlier, "the iPhone does suck", one would presume that you prefer your BlackBerry yet you still choose to use your iPhone for entertainment. I'm "assuming" why you carry two based on what you have written, not pulling ideas out of thin air. If it does indeed suck, then one would easily presume that using your secondary BlackBerry would suit your needs better no? That is, of course, assuming your backup BlackBerry satisfies your needs in the same way that the iPhone does.

I loved my old BlackBerry, so I'm not knocking it, just it did/does have it's issues and for me, those issues have been resolved in BB10
    ray689 likes this.
    02-09-14 02:17 PM
    Was BB10 advertised at any point as "not matured"

And also for the same reason Apple didn't advertise their lack of "copy and paste" when they launched their immature platform (which other platforms had). But it matured and features were added in....same thing that is happening now.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:19 PM
    And I've told you it's not the same thing because a legacy device turned off lasts for months and it's not loosing 5% a night

I said less than 5% and if you want your phone off for months then shut it off. What kind of useless argument are you having? How often did you leave your phone asleep for months?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 02:20 PM
114 12345