Not being negative here, but I'll be honest, auto on off may in fact not come back, it's somewhat useless, see bbos was never truly off...never that's why it could have done that, it essentially stayed on to receive the trigger once the time reached trigger set off phone comes fully on

Bb10 does something like this in bedside mode, it switches off data and notifications, which is practically the same as what bbos does, cause in bedside mode it maintains battery,

All in all bbos just emulated off,

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    02-09-14 12:58 PM
    Not being negative here, but I'll be honest, auto on off may in fact not come back, it's somewhat useless, see bbos was never truly off...never that's why it could have done that, it essentially stayed on to receive the trigger once the time reached trigger set off phone comes fully on

Bb10 does something like this in bedside mode, it switches off data and notifications, which is practically the same as what bbos does, cause in bedside mode it maintains battery,

All in all bbos just emulated off,

It's not BBOS that did that, practically every mobile phone I had since 1996-1997 or so did this. They would always wake up to ring the alarm.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-09-14 01:00 PM
    Isn't this included in 10.2.1?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately not.
    02-09-14 01:00 PM
    Remember it's because people like me "hating" that some legacy features are coming back at all. I highly doubt they were ever meant to be there.

I am not ready to move on because I'm hoping things will change. And for the record, I was never 100% happy with OS 7 either, but it was improved over time, just like BB10.

So, when should I expect the 9900 then?

You think that they only reason features are coming back are because of people like you? If you truly believe that then you sadly have no clue how an OS matures.
    Second of all, you want things to get better yet no matter what happens you find something to complain and be negative about. That's like a person who hopes their overweight relative can get healthy and is really routing for them but keeps calling them a "fat mess" in the hopes that will motivate them to lose weight.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 01:01 PM
    You think that they only reason features are coming back are because of people like you? If you truly believe that then you sadly have no clue how an OS matures.
    Second of all, you want things to get better yet no matter what happens you find something to complain and be negative about. That's like a person who hopes their overweight relative can get healthy and is really routing for them but keeps calling them a "fat mess" in the hopes that will motivate them to lose weight.

Posted via CB10
    Was BB10 advertised at any point as "not matured"

02-09-14 01:04 PM
    It's not BBOS that did that, practically every mobile phone I had since 1996-1997 or so did this. They would always wake up to ring the alarm.

Okay so what was with all the auto on/off feature isn't coming back talk when you just admitted and agreed with sirjes that all it was was what bedside mode does now and what all the mobile's you have ever owned did? You acted as if it was some feature that you wanted and now you're saying it's already there?
    See what in saying....talk, talk, talk for the sake of finding something to ***** about.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 01:05 PM

Well we were talking about bbos so yh it's what bbos did, lol. It wasn't the hardware, and yes other phones did it, but it's whatever software they were running had that, and it's basically same thing, auto on off, the phone never really came off, think about it, how would the phone know when to come on while completely off? No way

02-09-14 01:07 PM
    Was BB10 advertised at any point as "not matured"

You have owned phones since 1996-1997 you say....have you ever bought a brand new OS that was matured? and did those have to advertise to you that they weren't yet? Come on man, you are so delusional and blinded by your hate that you make no sense. Get over it.

Edit: and the track pad thing didn't really need advertisement as I'm pretty sure you aren't blind.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 01:07 PM
    Well we were talking about bbos so yh it's what bbos did, lol. It wasn't the hardware, and yes other phones did it, but it's whatever software they were running had that, and it's basically same thing, auto on off, the phone never really came off, think about it, how would the phone know when to come on while completely off? No way

The difference is a BBOS phone will last in off mode for months and still wake up to ring the alarm, a BB10 device in bedside mode will not last more them a couple of days.

There is no comparison if battery life is important. The auto on/off feature could double or triple your battery life in a trip.

Plus some people just don't want electronics to run by their head while they're sleeping.

02-09-14 01:14 PM
    The difference is a BBOS phone will last in off mode for months and still wake up to ring the alarm, a BB10 device in bedside mode will not last more them a couple of days.

There is no comparison if battery life is important. The auto on/off feature could double or triple your battery life in a trip.

Plus some people just don't want electronics to run by their head while they're sleeping.

My Z30 loses less than 5% overnight in bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 01:15 PM
    I really don't understand why people still want to buttons from the 9900. The 9930 was my favorite BlackBerry, but I don't miss the buttons at all, especially the track pad.

Posted via CB10
    ray689 and highoctane74 like this.
    02-09-14 01:20 PM
    My god. All this for a track pad or something? I have a Z10 and have no issues working. Emails and texts. Move on!! I bet you fight with your wife or gf about things that happened ten years ago too. Let it gooooo..
    02-09-14 01:34 PM
    Btw if you manually shut your phone off at night (crazy idea right, doing something yourself) I think it turns on when your alarm is set to turn on. Either way. Shhhhh
    02-09-14 01:36 PM
    My god. All this for a track pad or something? I have a Z10 and have no issues working. Emails and texts. Move on!! I bet you fight with your wife or gf about things that happened ten years ago too. Let it gooooo..
    Exactly haha. The majority haven't had the email deletion thing. A few have. But I still think some may have deleted all prior before knowing that feature existed....and then blame BlackBerry and go on a 6 month rampage about the pitfalls of BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    02-09-14 01:37 PM
    I think that turning on the alarm while the phone is off was great feature and they need to bring it back.

Another great thing and very useful feature was turning off the radios when the battery goes nearly depleted. In this way you have time to find a contact number or any information which is on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 01:38 PM
    Btw if you manually shut your phone off at night (crazy idea right, doing something yourself) I think it turns on when your alarm is set to turn on. Either way. Shhhhh
    No, BB10 devices don't, many found out the hard way.

herol likes this.
    02-09-14 01:38 PM
    Exactly haha. The majority haven't had the email deletion thing. A few have. But I still think some may have deleted all prior before knowing that feature existed....and then blame BlackBerry and go on a 6 month rampage about the pitfalls of BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Even if that was the case, it doesn't explain why the emails are gone from the server also.

02-09-14 01:40 PM
    My Z30 loses less than 5% overnight in bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    Ever forget to put your phone in bedside mode or fell asleep before you could do it and your sleep is then disturbed?

Auto on/off guarantees that never ever happens.

herol likes this.
    02-09-14 01:42 PM
    No, BB10 devices don't, many found out the hard way.

Hahaha I can imagine. The trade off for smooth working device and functionality beat those little things I think. Let's see what the new ones have to offer at least.
    02-09-14 01:44 PM
    Even if that was the case, it doesn't explain why the emails are gone from the server also.

Because there was no feature to only delete off handheld back then.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 01:44 PM
    Ever forget to put your phone in bedside mode or fell asleep before you could do it and your sleep is then disturbed?

Heaven forbid that I should bare any responsibility for my own actions.

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    02-09-14 01:45 PM
    Because there was no feature to only delete off handheld back then.

Posted via CB10
    You don't get it, deleted emails should go to the deleted or trash folder, when that bug happens they just disappear in thin air, no trace of them.

It happened to me at Christmas btw, not 6 months ago.

02-09-14 01:47 PM

Ever forget to turn your legacy device off or fell asleep before you could do it and your sleep is then disturbed? Same thing man. Each takes a physical action on the users part.
    02-09-14 01:48 PM
    Heaven forbid that I should bare any responsibility for my own actions.

Posted via CB10
    Imagine having a feature you rely on for 5 years and then not have it anymore.

02-09-14 01:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Everything is BlackBerry and everyone else's fault. BlackBerry owners are very picky and some seem very pretentious about their devices. Don't like it? Don't buy or sell it n get an old one. So easy. Why burden us with your anger. Separate forum for hate plz.
    ray689 likes this.
    02-09-14 01:49 PM
114 1234 ...