I think with each upgrade all the os7 features people liked from the bold will be brought back. Once that happens (at this rate 1-2 years in my opinion) , then the only reason to like the Bold over the new Q10 will be the home row buttons and learning the hub, not speed dial, home screen icons, etc.

Extremely unhappy with T-Mobile not releasing 10.2 yet...
    02-06-14 11:55 AM
    I think with each upgrade all the os7 features people liked from the bold will be brought back. Once that happens (at this rate 1-2 years in my opinion) , then the only reason to like the Bold over the new Q10 will be the home row buttons and learning the hub, not speed dial, home screen icons, etc.

Extremely unhappy with T-Mobile not releasing 10.2 yet...
    We've seen a lot of functionalities being added. It's how it goes with a new OS, it needs to mature.
    02-09-14 06:18 AM
    What's missing on the Q10 that the 9900 has?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 06:25 AM
    What's missing on the Q10 that the 9900 has?

Posted via CB10
    I would like auto on/off, to start with.
    LWKING likes this.
    02-09-14 06:31 AM
    Holster profiles, that's all I want.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 07:26 AM
    I would like auto on/off, to start with.
    That will never come back though, it goes agains the whole QNX RTOS thing.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-09-14 07:30 AM

C'mon man....throw me a bone.....
    02-09-14 07:43 AM

Track pad is not software and we all know that's what you want yet still bought a Q10. Out of curiosity though, what do you think is not possible software wise?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 07:49 AM
    Track pad is not software and we all know that's what you want yet still bought a Q10. Out of curiosity though, what do you think is not possible software wise?

Posted via CB10
    I was talking about the auto on/off not trackpad which was declared "too complex to implement"

02-09-14 08:06 AM
    I also doubt the track pad will ever come back. The dedicated buttons in combination with that were awesome - so it's actually a shame. Even a colleague who never owned a BlackBerry recently dropped this on me. He stated like "What the new BlackBerrys don't have that anymore. Wasn't that the coolest thing about BlackBerry?"

However, it doesn't make sense to stick to a 9900 for too long as the phone will only get older, not better. So either BlackBerry will come up with a hardware button solution or even a new track pad (still doubt it) or not. I guess I can live without the trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 08:07 AM
    C'mon man....throw me a bone.....
    Michael Clewey declared "too complex to implement" in a tweet a while ago. I think QNX is either in or off, no sleep mode.

02-09-14 08:09 AM
    I was talking about the auto on/off not trackpad which was declared "too complex to implement"

Really because many said the "delete off handset" email feature was impossible without BIS....guess what happened? They figured it out and that was a very difficult feat as well.
    Your constant negativity is getting old. You are so upset about something that you just can't let it go. You have to argue anything that even is a hint of positivity.

Posted via CB10
    stevobbm and clickitykeys like this.
    02-09-14 08:10 AM
    Michael Clewey declared "too complex to implement" in a tweet a while ago. I think QNX is either in or off, no sleep mode.

Oh OK I don't follow him. But....there are always change in direction, so I'm hoping that there will be the means to bring that. I did rely on it quite heavily.
    02-09-14 09:29 AM
    I would like the camera button brought back. So handy.

Posted from Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-09-14 09:34 AM
    Yes but they did bring back the the 9900's phone size and its teeny tiny screen but they forgot the trackpad. Honestly, It is the small screen of the Q10 that is holding me back from upgrading. That is just me. I am sure that there are plenty of owners who are happy with their Bolds with a trackpad.

I have zero problems with an updated 9900 , I think there is a market for these phones in business and for some consumers in particular markets like the UK.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    02-09-14 10:06 AM
    Yes but they did bring back the the 9900's phone size and its teeny tiny screen but they forgot the trackpad. Honestly, It is the small screen of the Q10 that is holding me back from upgrading. That is just me. I am sure that there are plenty of owners who are happy with their Bolds with a trackpad.

I have zero problems with an updated 9900 , I think there is a market for these phones in business and for some consumers in particular markets like the UK.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    They aren't the same size.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:16 AM
    They aren't the same size.

Posted via CB10
    Not much of a difference and the 9900 displayed more information, more emails, more lines of text, more app icons etc.

JeepBB likes this.
    02-09-14 12:19 PM
    Really because many said the "delete off handset" email feature was impossible without BIS....guess what happened? They figured it out and that was a very difficult feat as well.
    Your constant negativity is getting old. You are so upset about something that you just can't let it go. You have to argue anything that even is a hint of positivity.

Posted via CB10
    Here's a hint of positivity, I've heard rumours the trackpad and the rest of the buttons are making a comeback.

But I can't even be positive about that as no doubt somebody will tell me I don't need them.

JeepBB and bbq10l like this.
    02-09-14 12:23 PM
    Here's a hint of positivity, I've heard rumours the trackpad and the rest of the buttons are making a comeback.

But I can't even be positive about that as no doubt somebody will tell me I don't need them.

For the sake of these forums and your unrelenting negativity, I sure hope they do make a comeback.
    What has you so hateful of this platform? Like yes you lost emails, happens sometimes and it sucks. Now that I think of it, are you sure you didn't click on the date thinking you were deleting one emails and deleted all prior by accident? Whatever it was, it sure has you in a bad state man. Nothing will appease you from the sounds of it.
    You speak about the greatness of BlackBerry OS7 and all the feature that made you more productive....hope the iPhone you are using now is up to par (you know with track pad and keyboard and all). Tell you what, if you really want OS7, I will gladly donate you my mint condition 9900 if you just stop with the constant barrage in here.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ray689; 02-09-14 at 12:44 PM.
    velkod likes this.
    02-09-14 12:33 PM
    Holster profiles, that's all I want.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't this included in 10.2.1?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 12:37 PM

If they do come back they better make it so the trackpad can be completely turned off via the software or I won't buy one. Have had three out of the six I have owned in the family fail in some way, shape or form making the devices extremely difficult to use.

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    02-09-14 12:41 PM
    For the sake of these forums and your unrelenting negativity, I sure hope they do make a comeback.
    What has you so hateful of this platform? Like yes you lost emails, happens sometimes and it's sucks. Now that I think of it, are you sure you didn't click on the date thinking you were deleting one emails and deleted all prior by accident? Whatever it was, it sure has you in a bad state man. Nothing will appease you from the sounds of it.
    You speak about the greatness of BlackBerry OS7 and all the feature that made you more productive....hope the iPhone you are using now is up to par (you know with track pad and keyboard and all). Tell you what, if you really want OS7, I will gladly donate you my mint condition 9900 if you just stop with the constant barrage in here.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, how many times do I have to explain this iphone is just used as an iPod touch? I am using Legacy at the moment, my wife's old Pearl 3G. I'd gladly take your 9900 off you if you font need it.

Before I had the Q10 I had a Z10 and that one wouldn't let me reply to emails or email attachments. (The smtp bug)

So both have failed me and both have affected my work hence the hate.
    02-09-14 12:48 PM
    Lol, how many times do I have to explain this iphone is just used as an iPod touch? I am using Legacy at the moment, my wife's old Pearl 3G. I'd gladly take your 9900 off you if you font need it.

Before I had the Q10 I had a Z10 and that one wouldn't let me reply to emails or email attachments. (The smtp bug)

So both have failed me and both have affected my work hence the hate.
    So why put yourself (and all of CB) through that? If you hate them then make yourself happy and move on.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 12:50 PM
    So why put yourself (and all of CB) through that? If you hate them then make yourself happy and move on.

Posted via CB10
    Remember it's because people like me "hating" that some legacy features are coming back at all. I highly doubt they were ever meant to be there.

I am not ready to move on because I'm hoping things will change. And for the record, I was never 100% happy with OS 7 either, but it was improved over time, just like BB10.

So, when should I expect the 9900 then?

02-09-14 12:56 PM
    If they do come back they better make it so the trackpad can be completely turned off via the software or I won't buy one. Have had three out of the six I have owned in the family fail in some way, shape or form making the devices extremely difficult to use.

Posted via CB10
    That's a quality control issue though, and the devices were made in 3 different places at least. Hungary made devices were always better then Mexico made ones.

02-09-14 12:58 PM
114 123 ...