View Poll Results: Q10 vs Z10

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want (or will keep) the Z10!

53 58.24%
  • I want the Q10!

38 41.76%
    imho, that's a pretty bad definition of a BB
    Well, that and the push email system are why many of us were drawn to Blackberry in the first place.

We didn't want a music player, a video game system, a Youtube player, a mobile movie theater, or something that washed dishes and fed the dog.

We wanted a solid smartphone with a good physical keyboard (a rarity then and now), and an email system that could be quickly and simply set up to push correspondence to the phone. The Blackberry was all of that. Whether or not the Q-10 allows it to maintain such remains to be seen.
    04-14-13 12:09 PM
    Meh, to each his own. Blackberry used to be known for their outstanding physical keyboards. Today, well ... Blackberry exists.
    yeah that is "used to be"
    but now virtual keyboard was one step ahead.
    and i agree with someone in post above, physical keyboard make Q10 look ancient
    yeah i can't think physical keyboards is outstanding because when i use my 9900, i have 5 times getting replacement unit only because the failure of the keyboard (double typing, can't pressed, key error, trackpad error, chrome peel off) i think blackberry should think twice to continue the production of the physical keyboard if the quality still the same as the previous device. Like android, winphone, apple, they are not use physical keyboard again, why? because it will make the smartphone not modern.
    just look to the other user's comment, i think they are satisfied with the virtual keyboard. but if you love physical keyboard, go on
    but i already comfortable with big screens and stylish shape of z10

Well, that and the push email system are why many of us were drawn to Blackberry in the first place.

We didn't want a music player, a video game system, a Youtube player, a mobile movie theater, or something that washed dishes and fed the dog.

We wanted a solid smartphone with a good physical keyboard (a rarity then and now), and an email system that could be quickly and simply set up to push correspondence to the phone. The Blackberry was all of that. Whether or not the Q-10 allows it to maintain such remains to be seen.
    We? who do you mean we?
    ironic,even the founder of this forum (Kevin) was using Z10 too. hahaha

yeah i know that "you" love physical, so hurry buy Q10, have fun

info: you can see how many crackberry users like z10 in here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/index10.html
    it keeps coming
    04-14-13 03:27 PM
    Please BlackBerry let BBM work simultaneously on two devices...

Then I would be able to use them both... I will get both, but not sure which one I use on a daily basis...

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 03:35 PM
    It would be nice to have the same sort of battery on my z10 that comes with the q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 03:40 PM
    1800 vs. 2100... +16.7%

If you have 6 hours now -> 7 hours

12 -> 14
    18 -> 21
    24 -> 28

Not that big deal in my eyes... I have more hope in software updates...

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 03:50 PM
    Q10 for me. Part of that is driven by the fact that Sprint wont be getting the Z10. The other part is that I found myself enjoying a hardware keyboard. I switched from an HTC EVO to a 9350 and I don't find myself missing the larger screen. I also think the hardware keyboard is a perfect marriage with my Playbook. When I want to do something with a larger screen I just whip out my bridged Playbook. I don't find Skype or Netflix essential so those haven't been missed.

Now I just need to convince my wife to get a BB10 device and we won't need Skype
    04-14-13 03:51 PM
    1800 vs. 2100... +16.7%

If you have 6 hours now -> 7 hours

12 -> 14
    18 -> 21
    24 -> 28

Not that big deal in my eyes... I have more hope in software updates...

Posted via CB10
    Are you accounting for the smaller screen and also AMOLED display on the Q10 which will also improve battery?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 04:00 PM
    Z10 for sure. Feels up to date with the technology of today. Hardware and software

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 05:05 PM
    I'm very happy with the Z10. Coming from the 9700, (9630 and 8830WE prior to that) I typed so much on the Bold style keyboard that the tips of my fingers would hurt by the end of each day. I even had an indentation on my thumb from the trackball. It got to the point where I would reply to messages with as few words as possible, and relied heavily on word substitution.

Now that I'm typing on glass, my fingers don't hurt anymore. The text prediction on the Z10 has made it very easy to write responses with a lot more detail. The Q10 has me intrigued, but I doubt I could give up all the extra screen real estate.

Posted via CB10
    Funny I had the same complaint about my fingers hurting when typing on the bold 9900. Though a qwerty keyboard is great, it definitely hurt to type on which is one of the reasons I wanted a full touch device. Plus with the amazing word predictions on the BB Z10, typing is so easy. It's actually enjoyable. So Z10 for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 05:07 PM
    yeah that is "used to be"
    but now virtual keyboard was one step ahead.
    and i agree with someone in post above, physical keyboard make Q10 look ancient
    yeah i can't think physical keyboards is outstanding because when i use my 9900, i have 5 times getting replacement unit only because the failure of the keyboard (double typing, can't pressed, key error, trackpad error, chrome peel off) i think blackberry should think twice to continue the production of the physical keyboard if the quality still the same as the previous device. Like android, winphone, apple, they are not use physical keyboard again, why? because it will make the smartphone not modern.
    just look to the other user's comment, i think they are satisfied with the virtual keyboard. but if you love physical keyboard, go on
    but i already comfortable with big screens and stylish shape of z10
    Certainly those who pined for iPhone-type experiences are quite pleased with the new Z-10. I'd expect nothing different.

? who do you mean we?
    ironic,even the founder of this forum (Kevin) was using Z10 too. hahaha
    I mean those of us who've been using Blackberry devices since all that were available were the physical keyboard devices, and while other smartphones had whiz-bang touch devices on which you could do everything well but make a phone call or send and receive email. Again, the older Blackberry devices met the demands of those of us who had to actually work for a living. From what I've read, BIS no longer functions on the new devices, so why on earth would I (or others who depend heavily on secure email traffic) want to downgrade to a less capable platform. I don't care if it can sing and dance in a hula skirt. If it doesn't do what I need, I'll keep what works.

yeah i know that "you" love physical, so hurry buy Q10, have fun
    Again, until Blackberry un-screws what they had working with OS 7, I'll leave the downgrading to persons like yourself.

info: you can see how many crackberry users like z10 in here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/index10.html
    it keeps coming
    What others who desire toys tend to prefer is completely irrelevant to what I want and need in a professional communications device. Opinion polls are as useless as tits on a bull.
    04-14-13 07:26 PM
    I will keep my Z10, but I will check out the Q10 when it arrives. Even thought I use to be a"diehard" keypad Blackberry user, I can't imagine going back to a physical keypad, but who knows
    04-14-13 07:30 PM
    Are you accounting for the smaller screen and also AMOLED display on the Q10 which will also improve battery?

Posted via CB10
    No, but the guy mentioned it would be a big deal to use the same battery on his Z10. Sure the Q10 display will use slightly less battery, but the keyboard also needs sensors and power... I expect the Q10 will have a ~20% better battery life with all the same apps running...

On the other side Q10 users will play less games, but maybe receive more Mails, make more phone calls... depending on the user of course...

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:48 AM
    IMO, a Blackberry without a physical keyboard is not a Blackberry.
    You obviously never tried the Z10 or the playbook...
    04-15-13 03:45 PM
    where is the option for "I want both"?
    04-15-13 04:12 PM
    I didn't add the other option for 2 reasons.

1. The poll already started and it would skew the results.
    2. Even if you plan on purchasing both, I am interested knowing which one is most wanted. Just vote for the device you are "most" excited for.
    04-15-13 07:17 PM
    You obviously never tried the Z10 or the playbook...
    Owned two different Playbooks over the past two years, and recently sold my last one on eBay at a significant loss.

Any other assumptions you'd like to make about me?
    04-15-13 07:27 PM
41 12