Hi CB community, my fiance and I are both BlackBerry users, and while I'm rocking the Z10, she'll be rocking the Q10 soon.

Coming from legacy devices, we found ourselves missing the trackpad for text selection on the Z10, probably even more on the Q10, so she thought about a suggestion for the Q10.

Perhaps when doing text editing, Q10 users could hold down for shift button and just swipe through whatever direction they want on the screen. The screen could act like a big trackpad for us. What do you guys think?

Given that the text selection on BlackBerry 10 is really hard, maybe we could come up with these suggestions for BlackBerry

Posted via my sexy Z10
    04-21-13 05:55 PM
    text selection has been vastly improved in 10.1. I have gotten used to it and I find it much more effective.
    04-21-13 05:57 PM
    text selection has been vastly improved in 10.1. I have gotten used to it and I find it much more effective.
    Great!! Can you share with us the overall improvement that you noticed?

Posted via my sexy Z10
    04-21-13 06:05 PM
    Great!! Can you share with us the overall improvement that you noticed?

Posted via my sexy Z10
    I'd hold on to test it myself before believing anyone.
    Everyone said text selection was so awesome on the Z10 until it became painfully obvious that it really wasn't.
    Q10 without trackpad will suffer for text selection as the smaller screen plus niggly BB10 text selection issues will make a bad combination.

I like your idea, or what another guy came up with earlier. Double tap the screen to begin selection then drag the screen to select more text.
    If you're dropping the trackpad I really thought BlackBerry would have something special up their sleeve for text selection, not just bog standard.
    yelmonster likes this.
    04-21-13 07:18 PM
    I was on the same boat as you thinking I'd miss the track pad but the z10 doesn't need one trust me you'll only miss it if you send a lot of emails Daily.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-22-13 10:11 AM
    NO! ABSOLUTELY!!! (Whoah, too much coffee.)

My Palm Pixi has this: hold Option and swipe screen to move cursor like a trackball/pad. It is very useful when composing emails and text or ANYthing typed on the phone.

The touching the screen thing to place is nice for getting the cursor in the general area, but mouse-like precision is achieved with the virtual trackpad. ABSOLUTELY BB should try to have that virtual trackpad behavior on the Q10. I hate the selection on iPhone, which is like Android, which is like Z10. Yeah, yeah, the slider bars and little thingies on the side of the box make it quick(ish) but being able to move the cursor freely is very, very nice and quick. (
    04-22-13 05:21 PM