I own a bb, I'm a student. Stop assuming only business gurus use bb. If that was the case BlackBerry would be pretty much dead

Posted via CB10
    I Am not assuming anything, I am speaking directly to the OP, he seems to have many issues

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 10:51 AM
    I Am not assuming anything, I am speaking directly to the OP, he seems to have many issues

Posted via CB10
    My bad I read that wrong (: ace ventura had me rolling

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 11:56 AM
    My bad I read that wrong (: ace ventura had me rolling

Posted via CB10
    No worries!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:17 PM
    I'm getting tired of hearing app gap. This is no longer an issue with runtime. I will admit it takes a couple extra steps, for some that's too many. Also BlackBerry needs to promote this much more aggressively like "hey not only can you get built for BlackBerry apps, the world of android awaits" no other phone does this.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:25 PM
    Even if I m a hardcore BlackBerry fan of all time, it's a shame for me to tell people that I m a BlackBerry fan. Right now I m using a Q10, which performs like as somebody said, fast like a ferrari.. but what use, it's an inbuilt tragedy for every BlackBerry user for every season, that it lacks almost all the applications which ios and android offers. All the time BlackBerry played with a BBM only..and honestly saying, BBM is a joke for android users now. They all are into the latest telegram, talkray like third class apps..still not into a BBM. I donk know when the BlackBerry team will open there eyes towards the app world. Unless they provide key apps like VIBER, LINE, SUBWAY SURFERS, etc..Q10, Q20, Q50 will not help.. They all are out of the court. Laggy apk installations is not a solution either. Its a mess.
    A sad and loyal BlackBerry fan.
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    You're correct about lack of apps but I don't think people buy blackberry for the apps. I think they use BlackBerry phones for secure communications. Period. I personally don't think there is anything wrong carrying 2 phones/devices. Have the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:41 PM
    Close this thread please...

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 02:03 PM
    Not sure what else blackberry can do really.. I remember them offering to develop the Netflix app full themselves and Netflix said no.

They came up with the Android runtime which at least helps. Idk what else you want from them.

Their OS is apparently the easiest to develop on...

Posted via CB10
    Did that actually happen? I didnt know anyone needed Netflix's permission to make a client/app for their service...

How did the iGrann app get made?

- Im actually curious, not trolling here..
    02-27-14 02:49 PM
    So I got a conclusion...thanks buddies..BlackBerry is not for students and normal users. it's for business tycoons and magnets. But a z10 value is getting lower day by day, and says it's because it has to reach so many lower class as far as they can. And it is available for a $125 sim free in India. If their class is not for an ace ventura category, why they deducting the price day by day for a better sale?. I don't think Mr. Chen or whoever is following thes business classes. He knws which mobile is they are using. And after all, Ace ventura is a smah hit, atleast in its dvd release, and I hope Mr.Chen knows this better than any business evernotes out there.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 03:04 PM
    So I got a conclusion...thanks buddies..BlackBerry is not for students and normal users. it's for business tycoons and magnets. But a z10 value is getting lower day by day, and says it's because it has to reach so many lower class as far as they can. And it is available for a $125 sim free in India. If their class is not for an ace ventura category, why they deducting the price day by day for a better sale?. I don't think Mr. Chen or whoever is following thes business classes. He knws which mobile is they are using. And after all, Ace ventura is a smah hit, atleast in its dvd release, and I hope Mr.Chen knows this better than any business evernotes out there.

Posted via CB10
    The device isn't for everybody you got that much correct. The Z10 you refer to has a price reduction yes, it has been on the market a year now and no secret it wasn't selling well, I can point you to Samsung now offering S4, 0 down and contract but I guess when one has his / her blinkers on they have no peripheral vision. The Ace Ventura remark aptly describes the commentary. Again not a personal attack, I refer to the commentary

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 03:20 PM
    side loading via 3rd party tools is NOT app support
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-27-14 03:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wtf? I'm a Premed student using a z10. Speak for yourself ace!!

Posted via CB10
    anon(4185604) likes this.
    02-27-14 03:35 PM
    And it is available for a $125 sim free in India.
    How much is international postage cost in India (to Europe)?
    How much cost Q10 in India?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 03:49 PM
    Even if I m a hardcore BlackBerry fan of all time, it's a shame for me to tell people that I m a BlackBerry fan. Right now I m using a Q10, which performs like as somebody said, fast like a ferrari.. but what use, it's an inbuilt tragedy for every BlackBerry user for every season, that it lacks almost all the applications which ios and android offers. All the time BlackBerry played with a BBM only..and honestly saying, BBM is a joke for android users now. They all are into the latest telegram, talkray like third class apps..still not into a BBM. I donk know when the BlackBerry team will open there eyes towards the app world. Unless they provide key apps like VIBER, LINE, SUBWAY SURFERS, etc..Q10, Q20, Q50 will not help.. They all are out of the court. Laggy apk installations is not a solution either. Its a mess.
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Clueless, BlackBerry has gone to developers asking for apps, but posts like this and misinformed news reports have made developers leary about writing for BlackBerry, NOT BLACKBERRY'S fault!

They gave the android runtime that runs android apps better than some android phones, they are doing something!

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    02-27-14 04:13 PM
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Another one -_-.....I BANISH YOU
    02-27-14 06:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Magnate******************* not magnet
    02-27-14 06:42 PM
    Magnate******************* not magnet
    No I think he meant magnet, :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 06:51 PM
    Q10 or Q20, Lack of apps makes BlackBerry zero-dwz10.jpg

now move on to the next topic...
    02-27-14 06:54 PM
    Why is everyone hating on him or basically telling him to rest his case?

What he's saying is legit, and I've been around since before BlackBerry 10 was out. He isn't just discussing the app gap, he wants to address the issue of BlackBerry's inefficient resource allocations.

Number of developers and number of users are directly proportional to each other. More users = more devs supporting your platform. However, we see that JC is just launching devices and stuff, and I think our devices are fine, we just need to spend money trying to get developers to build for us. I'm pretty sure BlackBerry still has some money, give out incentives to make BFB apps

I use skydrive, hsbc banking, skype, none of that is on BlackBerry 10 /:

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 07:03 PM
    Why is everyone hating on him or basically telling him to rest his case?

What he's saying is legit, and I've been around since before BlackBerry 10 was out. He isn't just discussing the app gap, he wants to address the issue of BlackBerry's inefficient resource allocations.

Number of developers and number of users are directly proportional to each other. More users = more devs supporting your platform. However, we see that JC is just launching devices and stuff, and I think our devices are fine, we just need to spend money trying to get developers to build for us. I'm pretty sure BlackBerry still has some money, give out incentives to make BFB apps

I use skydrive, hsbc banking, skype, none of that is on BlackBerry 10 /:

Posted via CB10
    The developers know bb10 exist, they don't want to develop for it. They have no plan to cater unless the user base increases. It's what JC is doing with the jakarta phone. You all need to reason deeper than you are currently doing. In the Us BlackBerry can't get traction quickly which is why the z3 was planned

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 07:07 PM
    there is no lack of apps. we can run andriod apps. its fine.
    02-27-14 08:46 PM
    Clueless, BlackBerry has gone to developers asking for apps, but posts like this and misinformed news reports have made developers leary about writing for BlackBerry, NOT BLACKBERRY'S fault!

They gave the android runtime that runs android apps better than some android phones, they are doing something!

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    word, I've emailed my fav app developers at Android, asking whether will they be developing for BB, they said no, guess that's one less app I'm going to buy
    02-27-14 09:15 PM
    there is no lack of apps. we can run andriod apps. its fine.
    Oh please...The OP is right and is entitled to his opinion. BlackBerry doesn't advertise the ability to run android apps because it is a crap solution. AND they know it. Also not everyone even has the updated OS and they shouldn't have to load a leak. It is going to get worse as Chen pushes this is an enterprise phone. Who will bother to develop for that?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 09:42 PM
    Atleast some of the guys got what I said..others response also fine according to their views. I wish if BlackBerry could offer something more, rather than a being a business model. Its just a Thughluq idea.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 09:51 PM
    true.. well said & agree on this
    02-27-14 10:27 PM
    Yeah that second category would be someone who has never owned a BlackBerry 10 device and comes on the forum and does an Ace Ventura.

Posted via CB10
    Hey, don't dis Ace Ventura. OK, maybe the hair is a bit crazy but atleast he does some background reading.

I was certainly happy when 10.2.1 came out. Downloaded the amazon app store and downloaded a bunch of apps, all of which I deleted. The permissions settings were just unbelievable.

What I don't understand about Android fans is how they defend this stuff. Likewise, why in God's name do they defend a platform that crashes endlessly. I guess it explains there preoccupation with reboot time. Speaking of which, I think it time for another reboot thread to start. Maybe the OP can lead the charge.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 11:04 PM
87 1234