The Q10 may be the best phone ever built I just wish it had BB7 OS with 4GLTE The features of 9900 were just phenomenal but the the q10 should be the best selling device of today and it's ashame it's not lol

Posted via CB10
    wxmancanada and eddy_berry like this.
    10-15-13 05:01 PM
    Yeah I know right?
    10-15-13 05:36 PM
    The Q10 may be the best phone ever built I just wish it had BB7 OS with 4GLTE The features of 9900 were just phenomenal but the the q10 should be the best selling device of today and it's ashame it's not lol

Posted via CB10
    So you just feel the hardware is the best phone ever built?
    10-15-13 05:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hello, glad you found a phone that works for you and obviously does what you need it to do. Congratulations!
    Now you probably don't know but, you are probably going to be eaten alive by your title to this thread. I hope not but usually people don't take to liking any post or threads with the words : happy, love it, etc, and especially BEST PHONE EVER. I hope you get through tonight without being eaten alive.
    But on a serious note I'm happy you like your phone, I hope it does what you want it to do for you. Peace.
    RAFA1 likes this.
    10-15-13 06:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    I wonder if BB7OS could be 4G LTE, that would be more appealing. Good thought.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:00 PM
    No way! It's Z10 that rules the roost.

Seriously though glad you like your Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:03 PM
    So you want the great Q10 to suffer from lags, checker boarding, countless battery pulls, even more lack of apps, and the clock of death? Naahh I'll pass

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:05 PM
    I wonder if BB7OS could be 4G LTE, that would be more appealing. Good thought.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure the T-Mobile version of the Bold 9900 runs on their 4G

Posted with my Z10 or my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    10-15-13 07:06 PM
    Pretty sure the T-Mobile version of the Bold 9900 runs on their 4G

They were all 4G not 4G LTE which is faster. I had the 9810 before my Z10. That was the reason that BB10 was delayed, it was going to be 4G. AT&T said it needs to be 4G LTE, so they had to wait for another chip, at least that was the story.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:15 PM
    Glad you love your phone. I have the Nexus 4 and feel the same way. This is a fun hobby.
    10-15-13 07:28 PM
    Possible for you only
    10-15-13 07:35 PM
    Best functional and best looking device for me.

Q10
    10-15-13 07:58 PM
    Got a Q10 from work and use a Z10 for personal. I get sh** done at work and everywhere else

10-15-13 08:09 PM
    I like the BB10 OS. Great browser, a few other things but the 2nd generation Bold blows the Q10 away. There are so many features and items I miss, including the feel, size,apps, short cuts, physical call buttons, etc. Although a number of these issues will be taken care of on 10.2

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 09:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    There's a group of people who also feel VHS is better than Bluray. There also exists another group who keeps trying to bring back 8-Track tapes because they feel tape is much better than MP3. I hear there's a group in Pennsylvania somewhere who prefer horse and buggy to cars too, but maybe that's only a rumor.
    10-15-13 10:55 PM
    It is. Q10 rules. Damn the naysayers!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 12:14 AM
    There still ain't no such thing as the "best phone" (ever), after all it comes down to each persons requirements. You want a big screen to enjoy your games and videos? The Q10 surely ain'kt the ideal device for that stuff. You're on a tight budget and looking for a rather inexpensive device? The Q10 isn't actually the phone to shop for. You want all the apps and look for maximum custimzation options? Again, the Q10 wouldn't be the obvious choice in that case.

I own a Q10 myself since it got released here back in May and I've waited impatiently for the release. In some cases it exceeded my expectations, in some points it simply disappointed. It is a great phone for sure, it is mostly a pleasure to use and hold, simply working with it is good. I've yet to get "bored" with it, even though it doesn't come with many options to customize it. But it still is some kind of a niche device: Today too many people want bigger screens, with at least a size of 4" or even more. So the Q10 looks not really up to date with the 3.1" display. Hardware keyboards are also becoming, or rather have become some sort of an oddity - a niche feature. With an all-touch device you simply have more flexibility and not too many people care any more about the experience a hardware keyboard delivers.

What I absolutely can't agree with is your statement regarding Q10 hardware running OS7. Why would you want that? OS7 is pushed beyond its limits, it had its time. Yes there are certain things BB10 lacks with, mostly special things which were a common feature on legacy OS. But, at least for me, that doesn't justify the step back to that old Java OS. Keep developing BB10 and bringing it forwards is waaaay better than keep investing on that dead end road.

Even before I had a BlackBerry, my first one was the Bold 9900, the first reactions to OS7 devices were bad. BB10 should've been out back at the time then.

Personally I don't have a clue why the Q10 isn't selling well. The actual reviews were pretty good, most negative stuff mentioned should've been irrelevant to interested people anyways. Maybe it is the lack of marketing, the caution of people how good the new plattform will actually develop. Quite some people here on the other hand tried the Q and decided to switch back to the old devices, because they didn't like or didn't want to get used to the new OS.
    I still would like to see some more figures which compares all the sales of the specific BB10 devices against each other.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    10-16-13 08:34 AM
    There still ain't no such thing as the "best phone" (ever), after all it comes down to each persons requirements. You want a big screen to enjoy your games and videos? The Q10 surely ain'kt the ideal device for that stuff. You're on a tight budget and looking for a rather inexpensive device? The Q10 isn't actually the phone to shop for. You want all the apps and look for maximum custimzation options? Again, the Q10 wouldn't be the obvious choice in that case.

I own a Q10 myself since it got released here back in May and I've waited impatiently for the release. In some cases it exceeded my expectations, in some points it simply disappointed. It is a great phone for sure, it is mostly a pleasure to use and hold, simply working with it is good. I've yet to get "bored" with it, even though it doesn't come with many options to customize it. But it still is some kind of a niche device: Today too many people want bigger screens, with at least a size of 4" or even more. So the Q10 looks not really up to date with the 3.1" display. Hardware keyboards are also becoming, or rather have become some sort of an oddity - a niche feature. With an all-touch device you simply have more flexibility and not too many people care any more about the experience a hardware keyboard delivers.

What I absolutely can't agree with is your statement regarding Q10 hardware running OS7. Why would you want that? OS7 is pushed beyond its limits, it had its time. Yes there are certain things BB10 lacks with, mostly special things which were a common feature on legacy OS. But, at least for me, that doesn't justify the step back to that old Java OS. Keep developing BB10 and bringing it forwards is waaaay better than keep investing on that dead end road.

Even before I had a BlackBerry, my first one was the Bold 9900, the first reactions to OS7 devices were bad. BB10 should've been out back at the time then.

Personally I don't have a clue why the Q10 isn't selling well. The actual reviews were pretty good, most negative stuff mentioned should've been irrelevant to interested people anyways. Maybe it is the lack of marketing, the caution of people how good the new plattform will actually develop. Quite some people here on the other hand tried the Q and decided to switch back to the old devices, because they didn't like or didn't want to get used to the new OS.
    I still would like to see some more figures which compares all the sales of the specific BB10 devices against each other.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    You do have a clue. It is not selling well because it has a small screen, not many needed apps and most buyers are more comfortable with the "home button".
    10-16-13 08:48 AM
    BB7 os is alright but, BB10 os os better. I believe a step in the right direction would be a step forward not three steps back to the 0S7 which would not be able to compete with the other mobile phones on the basis of the kind of apps available to it. Lots of work to be done on BlackBerry 10 os like bring popular apps on other devices to this one.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:49 AM
    The spinning clock on OS 7 maybe could be fixed if it were able to run @ a higher 4G LTE speed. I don't know if it is possible to put a different chip in it to do so. More people seem to like the OS 7 features as opposed to BB10, @ least according to the last quarterly report. As far as a larger screen, some find it only necessary if you are watching videos. If you are using it for messaging or you have small hands, a smaller phone might work better. Different strokes for different folks. Enjoy your phone regardless of which one you have.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 10:49 AM