Get the Classic for a bigger screen and trackpad or stick with the Q10, or wait it out with the potentially upcoming Rome/Hamburg Android PKB phone. A "successor" by what you are looking for (A Q10 with BB10 software with improved specs) will never happen.

Not that this phone needs improved specs anyway; the Classic basically takes what works with the Q10 and gives it a larger screen and easier navigation. It would take a monumental spec upgrade to make the ART run smoothly. I don't even know what you'd want better specs for on this sort of phone - it's the software (OS, browser, ART etc) that needs updating, not the hardware, and that isn't happening either.
    06-20-16 04:46 PM
    The Q10 is the best phone I have ever had, and I held on to it three times the usual time before I move on to a new phone. I still miss it to this day (in fact, I booted it up two days ago and used it to answer a few mails, loving every second and for a minute even thought about going back to it). If it had a better camera I think I'd still use it.

I also agree, there has been no successor for me. The size was perfect for me, I don't need a bigger screen, I don't want the toolbelt. I want a replaceable battery. To me, a successor would be the same size, maybe a slightly thinner bezel so the screen would be slightly bigger, better specs to keep up with newer apps demanding more resources, and a better camera.

However, for everyone else that do want a bigger screen etc, the Classic was the successor. It looks like the Classic will get an android based successor in the Rome (cf. https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...-rome-hamburg/ ), so that might be more to your liking. I bet it is a pretty big phone with no replaceable battery, though, they just don't make 'em like the Q10 anymore
    06-20-16 05:08 PM
    A successor usually has to be more powerful...

Posted via CB10
    I can't believe that you're complaining about a successor right now. It's like you've been ignoring what BlackBerry has been going through in the past year or two. There is no more BB10 roadmap. Hasn't been for quite awhile.
    06-21-16 11:09 AM
    Get the Classic for a bigger screen and trackpad or stick with the Q10, or wait it out with the potentially upcoming Rome/Hamburg Android PKB phone. A "successor" by what you are looking for (A Q10 with BB10 software with improved specs) will never happen.

Not that this phone needs improved specs anyway; the Classic basically takes what works with the Q10 and gives it a larger screen and easier navigation. It would take a monumental spec upgrade to make the ART run smoothly. I don't even know what you'd want better specs for on this sort of phone - it's the software (OS, browser, ART etc) that needs updating, not the hardware, and that isn't happening either.
    Most Passport users have noted that BB10 benefits greatly from the improved CPU and Memory. And the Passport is using hardware that's two years old now. I have no doubt that 4GB of Ram and and a 820 Processor would greatly improve both BB10 and the Runtimes performance... But no it isn't going to happen. Us all touch users have managed to move on, not sure how that has worked for PKB users. Some might have found the PRIV usable, others might be waiting to see the Rome. Others just don't know what to do, they are hoping.....
    v0id_walker likes this.
    06-21-16 11:10 AM
    I can't believe that you're complaining about a successor right now. It's like you've been ignoring what BlackBerry has been going through in the past year or two. There is no more BB10 roadmap. Hasn't been for quite awhile.
    Why an Android Q10 (with 4:3 screen) with today specs cannot be a Q10 successor?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 01:58 PM
30 12