Personally I think the Q10 (and I asume the Q5 also) are the only real BlackBerries. Blackberries have physical keyboards. The Z devices are Iphone/Galaxy wannabees. Z devices will never ever compete with the Android en iOS devices in selling numbers. But there is a serious amount of people who want physical keyboard smart phones. BlackBerry is the only manufacturer that has premium keyboard phones on the market. Why doesn't BlackBerry focus on this niche market and be the number one there?

What do you think?

SQN100-3 OS10.2.1.2102
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-21-14 12:48 PM
    How have they not focused on it? Because they also make touchscreen phones?

BlackBerry has done the touchscreen, but they've done it right and their way with the best and most innovative virtual keyboard.

Civilization has spoken, and it prefers the larger screen area.
    02-21-14 12:54 PM
    ...they've done it right and their way with the best and most innovative virtual keyboard.
    I don't agree. I'm much faster and more accurate on the iPhone keyboard that I use once a month than on the Z10 keyboard which I had for almost a year 24/7.

... But much better: the physical Q10 keyboard!!

SQN100-3 OS10.2.1.2102
    02-21-14 01:00 PM
    Civilization has spoken, and it prefers the larger screen area.
    And also, I don't think civilization has only one opinion.

SQN100-3 OS10.2.1.2102
    02-21-14 01:10 PM
    I don't agree. I'm much faster and more accurate on the iPhone keyboard that I use once a month than on the Z10 keyboard which I had for almost a year 24/7.
    To each their own! That's partially my point.

I hate the iPhone keyboard. Passionately. It might be okay on a larger screen, so maybe we'll find out if Apple does one for iPhone 6.

I haven't met anyone "in real life" who preferred the iPhone kb to the Z10's. And vast majority of my friends & family have iPhones.

I think BB already is number 1 in the niche market of hardware keyboards. Just understand that market is currently BB's very small market share, less the BB users on a touchscreen.
    02-21-14 01:17 PM
    And there isn't a serious amount of people wanting keyboards either.

Unfortunately.

Sent from Tapatalk
    02-21-14 01:18 PM
    Z30 is the perfect phone for me. BB10 OS is designed for touch screen devices. And the keyboard is wicked.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    02-21-14 01:31 PM
    And also, I don't think civilization has only one opinion.

SQN100-3 OS10.2.1.2102
    I'm sure he meant the majority of the people prefers larger screens. Which is why qwerty keyboard phones are only for the niche market

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-21-14 01:31 PM
    I love the screen on my Z10 - and I love the virtual keyboard so much more than I thought I would. I use my wife's iPhone at least once or twice a week and the keyboard is terrible! I am itching to try the Q10 keyboard . . . nervous about losing my flick-to-type option though. . . .
    02-21-14 01:47 PM
    I'm sure he meant the majority of the people prefers larger screens. Which is why qwerty keyboard phones are only for the niche market

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Maybe the niche is smaller than I would expect...

SQN100-3 OS10.2.1.2102
    02-21-14 01:49 PM
    II am itching to try the Q10 keyboard . . . nervous about losing my flick-to-type option though. . . .
    You are still able to flick-type although you'll have to lift your finger off the keyboard and swipe the lower portion of the screen to select the pop-up word. I am much faster just using the keyboard which is one reason I bought the BlackBerry Q5 after more than 6 months with the BlackBerry Z10. I keep the BlackBerry Z10 for an entertainment device.
    02-21-14 02:01 PM
    I have both a Z10 and a Q5. I *generally* use the Q for the keyboard during the work week to hammer out tons of emails and IMs, and the Z on the weekends for games, etc.

Both fit a different niche, and both have their pros and cons. The nice thing is that we as BB users have a choice between all-screen and keyboard.
    02-21-14 02:07 PM
    The nice thing is that we as BB users have a choice between all-screen and keyboard.
    That's true

SQN100-3 OS10.2.1.2102
    02-21-14 02:11 PM
    Agreed with the ease of use that the physical keyboard ( on the mighty Q10) brings!

I am ok on the iphone and much better using some of the android keyboards - the Nokia lumia keyboards are not bad at all - actually rather good! But nothing beats that Q10. Apart from when it goes over sensitive - on my second device

Sent from Tapatalk
    02-21-14 02:14 PM
    Q or Z, whatever it is, it still depends on what appeals on the "prosumers'" XD

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 03:03 PM
    I like Q10 better but Z10 is better for app compatibility, and I'm sure that BlackBerry fans will by the next keyboard device when they get a bigger screen so they can get the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    02-21-14 03:52 PM
    I like Q10 better but Z10 is better for app compatibility, and I'm sure that BlackBerry fans will by the next keyboard device when they get a bigger screen so they can get the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    I will! :-)

SQN100-3 OS10.2.1.2102
    02-21-14 04:12 PM
    You don't get to define what a real blackberry is. The company decides that. It's like saying it isn't a real Nokia if it doesn't have a key pad and a Black/White lcd.

Companies innovate and change their products all the time instead of dwelling in a feature that made them successful.
    02-21-14 04:14 PM
    ....instead of dwelling in a feature that made them successful.
    Yes.
    Only Coca Cola does that...
    ...and McDonalds
    ... and...

The most important feature that BlackBerry doesn't innovate the way they should, is marketing. Steve Jobs is the one who told civilization to buy full touch screen smartphones.

SQN100-3 OS10.2.1.2102
    02-21-14 05:10 PM
    Yes.
    Only Coca Cola does that...
    ...and McDonalds
    ... and...

The most important feature that BlackBerry doesn't innovate the way they should, is marketing. Steve Jobs is the one who told civilization to buy full touch screen smartphones.

SQN100-3 OS10.2.1.2102
    Yes because the demand is still there. And those are food products. Our taste buds don't evolve over night.

Tech industry is something completely different. If you want to be relevant you gotta innovate.
    02-21-14 05:12 PM
    BlackBerry back then focused on keyboards and thought it was a great idea but in reality was losing to iPhone. Mike L. once said, "I couldn?t type on it and I still can?t type on it, and a lot of my friends can?t type on it. It?s hard to type on a piece of glass". It was well documented in the "BlackBerry Planet" book. Sometimes, a company has to innovate to stay on the game and keep the business afloat as long as they keep the things that most consumers want in the first place, in terms of BlackBerry, it's Security and Messaging.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    02-21-14 05:24 PM
    Lol fords should always look like the T model fight?

Posted via CB10
    ronfc likes this.
    02-21-14 05:32 PM
    There are many things which set my Z apart as BlackBerry, and for me having or not having a keyboard is not part of the equation. I say again,for me.
    Granted, I have only played with a Q in the store and not spent a couple of weeks learning it, but for me, as a one handed user ,the keys in the lower right seem difficult. As well, I type 'flat thumbed' so hitting the correct key anywhere is difficult.
    My first BlackBerry was the Storm, so to me 'BlackBerry' means the ease of use with files and folders, download and transfer of a wide variety of file extensions without the need for multiple download apos, ease of use with Bluetooth, messages in one place,etc....
    I suffered two years with an Android, waiting for BlackBerry to release a new touch screen. If this phone were to (knock on wood) die on me, I would gladly pay full price and dig into the stockpile BlackBerry has tucked away.

Posted via My Quick as a Flick Z10
    02-21-14 05:44 PM
    I lost interest in their keyboards after the Bold 9000. The keyboards were still good, but IMO that phone had the best keyboard ever on a phone.
    02-21-14 08:02 PM
    I find value in both screen and hardware keyboards. The Z virtual keyboard is very good, predicting what I am about to type most of the time. The Q gives that tactile feedback that I want when I'm not necessarily looking at my phone or when I want that 'clicky' feeling.

Again, the choice is ours and I relish the fact that we can choose whatever appeals most to us as BB10 users.
    02-21-14 09:45 PM
26 12