It is difficult to buy them now when there is nothing on the market that doesn't have a square screen.
    IIRC, Android standards "forbid" square screens; so you'll be waiting a while for that specific RaptureTM.

The point remains. There are (a very few) PKB phones for sale right now. If those sellers aren't supported, and those phones aren't a success (by their limited standards of success), they won't bother to make another PKB. Unihertz, and the couple of others, are in this game to make money... if they don't, they're more likely to stop making PKBs entirely than try again with a new design!

It really is simple: buy now... coz there'll likely be nothing to buy later!
    Laura Knotek and John Albert like this.
    02-19-22 11:44 AM
    It is difficult to buy them now when there is nothing on the market that doesn't have a square screen.
    There is pent-up demand for square rato netflix shows!
    02-19-22 11:45 AM
    That's point. You buy what's available, period. It's yes or no. That's how niche the PKB has become from a demand standpoint.

I don't ever think a PKB will ever be available for my criteria but other features are more important. From what I read, it appears that a PKB is nice but not the main priority for you either.
    02-19-22 11:55 AM
    That's point. You buy what's available, period. It's yes or no. That's how niche the PKB has become from a demand standpoint.

I don't ever think a PKB will ever be available for my criteria but other features are more important. From what I read, it appears that a PKB is nice but not the main priority for you either.
    I would argue that pkb is my main priority, but it needs to be on a device that is actually usable by today's standards. I did buy a pocket (currently listed in the marketplace), but a 3.1 inch screen in 2022 is asinine.

PRIV, Key1, Key2 all met my needs with absolutely no compromises. The cameras were good, the screen size was good, the aspect ratio was good (3:2 or 4:3 is acceptable, 1:1 is useless). I'm OKAY with settling on less important things (like the camera and processor), but I cannot support a device that cannot handle normal day to day tasks like the pocket. Unless you strictly use email and light web browsing, (or dual carry) I cannot see how the pocket is usable.

I would give the FxTec pro1x or astro slide a chance, but they are not yet available.
    02-19-22 12:07 PM
    OP will say that the Pygmalion "Tactic" positive feedback loop has done it's job by killing OM's chances.

Yeah, I know. Another notch on my belt. And I take no pride, no pride at all, in gaining it!

EDIT: LOL... and I see that's exactly what OP has done!
    It's all your fault!

And totally not the fault of people like this:

... Buy me a Titan Pocket and I'll consider forgiving you.
    JeepBB and shakingthrough like this.
    02-19-22 08:04 PM
    It's all your fault!

And totally not the fault of people like this:

... Buy me a Titan Pocket and I'll consider forgiving you.
    I did LOL at that video... and wondered how anyone here could ever have called me negative and toxic!

He's way more condemnatory than I've ever been, and he has a way cooler hat!

I may be a wishy-washy Euro-liberal, but I'm a big fan of the 'merican dream and work-ethic ... buy your own phone!
    02-20-22 05:35 AM
    Ha sorry, missed that. I see your point.

Just to comment on Dunt dunt dunt post.

I have no Intel about what you say about TCL planning to stop even before launching the Key 2.

What I know from talking to TCL staff In Shanghai is that a Key3 was indeed in process and on the drawing board. Not sure if only mockup or what the development stage was exactly.

But there should be somewhere in somebody hard drive something that would show us what a Key3 would have looked like. Couldn't get my hands on it though.
    I remember the BlackBerry Mobile CEO still being listed as the CEO long after he had left for another company. The same was true for other senior BlackBerry Mobile employees. Long before TCL pulled the official plug many of these employees had been long gone according to their Linked In Profiles.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-22-22 06:48 PM
282 ... 101112