Maybe I am the only one, but is anyone else sick and tired of hearing that the Iphone is coming to VZW? We have been hearing this same rumor for the past 2-3 years.

These companies are more interested in seeing stock prices jump then they are in confirming this news. VZW and Apple should be called out for letting this going on for 3 years. I heard this morning Apple's stock jumped because of this rumor. (I call it a rumor because neither party has confirmed whether or not it is true.)

Investors are already making money on a product that has neither been confirmed or even released yet, while anxious customers continue to wait and question workers in Verizon stores as to the validity of this information. From a business standpoint, if you want to keep customers who are considering changing carriers, this is how you do it. You let the rumor mills fly and sit back an watch the customers roll in. There are some people that will ONLY come to VZW if there is a chance that they will get the IPHONE.

If neither VZW or Apple has confirmed that the IPHONE is DEFINITIVELY coming to VZW's network, then all other news feeds and magazine articles that continue to "leak" this info should be counted as TRASH! I say this because they have all been "leaking" it for the past 3 years now.

Just like Apple made the "BIG" announcement about the IPAD or VZW made the "BIG" announcement about the DROID phone, both companies at any given time on any given day can say that the Iphone is coming to VZW's network.
    Edit/Delete Message
    03-31-10 08:11 AM
    You have to understand that these companys want to make money. So they will do what they can to do so. Good example is the "Bing Apocalypse" that happened with VZW. If this makes money, and isn't illegal, they could do it.

But also understand that a possible source for some of the rumors are people either guessing or anticipating what VZW or Apple are going to do based on trends. These people are not associated with either company, but are guessing non-the-less on what they could be doing. There could also be a few people wishing that this would happen, and are making these rumors up in hopes it will make their "wishes" come true.

I personally do not pay attention to this class of rumor. Until its on black-and-white on my screen direct from the sources, its only a rumor.

And honestly it doesn't matter to me anyways...im sticking with Blackberry! =P
    03-31-10 08:26 AM
    ^^What he said, but not the part about sticking with blackberry. When the next gen iPhone comes I really believe I will switch.
    03-31-10 08:39 AM
    03-31-10 09:01 AM
    Too much iPhone talk on BlackBerry forums, period!
    03-31-10 09:25 AM
    Too much iPhone talk on BlackBerry forums, period!
    x2.. A lot of us dont care about anything with the Iphone, which is why we own our Blackberrys..
    03-31-10 09:59 AM
    x2.. A lot of us dont care about anything with the Iphone, which is why we own our Blackberrys..
    Free speech, deal with it.
    03-31-10 10:19 AM
    Sounds like the OP may have gotten caught in a short position.
    03-31-10 10:34 AM
    There's over 5 threads saying the same thing...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 11:01 AM
    This section is apparently the ******** section...
    03-31-10 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD