Hi There. I�m a new Blackberry user. I�m trying to find out if there are any free apps out there to install on my DESKTOP to push my email from Outlook to my blackberry as they come in. Does anyone know of any software like that? My carrier is Verizon.

Thanks.
    08-17-09 09:21 AM
    Outlook is an email client. Like other email clients, it can be configured to poll your Post Office Protocol (POP3) for new messages.

BlackBerry BIS does exactly the same, it regularly checks for new email on your POP3 account.

The frequency of the poll determines how quickly you receive your email. When there is no activity for a period of time, the poll occures every 15 min. When activity is present, the poll is reduced to a couple minunits.
    08-17-09 09:31 AM
    I know that but our outlook here at work is on an exchange server...not a POP account.
    08-17-09 10:09 AM
    I'm using a POP with Outlook on my 9700, and while Outlook is set to send/receive every 1 minute, there's a delay in relaying to BB of up to 15 minutes. I've gotta get it instantaneously. Any tips? Thanks!
    08-06-10 09:18 AM
    I'm using a POP with Outlook on my 9700, and while Outlook is set to send/receive every 1 minute, there's a delay in relaying to BB of up to 15 minutes. I've gotta get it instantaneously. Any tips? Thanks!
    Start a gmail address. Have your current addy forwarded to the gmail.
    I did this, works great. I was ready to change my addy anyway.
    this way, ppl will get the massage over time.
    A gmail addy pushes to the bb instantaneously...like in the blink of an eye.
    08-06-10 09:23 AM
    Yea.. just switch to Gmail, or Yahoo, it's really easy to do anyways.
    08-06-10 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD