Here are my setups. Push is instant on my hotmail accounts.

Sent from my beautiful white iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk
    10-20-13 03:49 PM
    Here are my setups. Push is instant on my hotmail accounts.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/21/qupesa7e.jpg

Yes, everybody knows that, we're talking imap idle push here, it's what you usually get by default when you buy a domain and email hosting. EAS comes at an additional monthly cost.

BB10 does have imap idle push although there are occasional delays. BIS always had instant imap idle push, we'll 7 seconds, I timed it many times.
    10-20-13 03:59 PM
    Yes, everybody knows that, we're talking imap idle push here, it's what you usually get by default when you buy a domain and email hosting. EAS comes at an additional monthly cost.

BB10 does have imap idle push although there are occasional delays. BIS always had instant imap idle push, we'll 7 seconds, I timed it many times.
    I was sharing my settings. My GMail is not Push and my Hotmail is. I regret my post was not helpful to you.
    10-20-13 04:06 PM
    I was sharing my settings. My GMail is not Push and my Hotmail is. I regret my post was not helpful to you.
    That's ok, reading my reply to you now I realise it sound confrontational, sorry.
    10-20-13 04:15 PM
    No worries, thanks.

10-20-13 04:46 PM
    You can have Hotmail host your email. They're free for personal use and they still offer EAS. As long as you're familiar with changing MX settings and stuff like that you should be fine.
    10-20-13 04:59 PM
    You can have Hotmail host your email. They're free for personal use and they still offer EAS. As long as you're familiar with changing MX settings and stuff like that you should be fine.
    Now known as Outlook.com.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 05:59 PM
    So more by accident an iphone5 32gb has landed in my lap, i've set up my IMAP IDLE hosted account on it and there's no push in sight, just "Fetch" settings for it.

Where are all those people that told me for years the iphone has push for IMAP?

Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Me, and Live are all push on the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 12:58 AM
    Gmail is just fetch also, no push setting.
    Not true. Gmail is push with the native email client. The setting does say fetch, but the email arrives on my iphone before it arrives on my PC. Test it.
    10-21-13 01:02 AM
    If you want GMAIL to push on an iPhone you have to download a separate GMAIL App. The concept of it is stupid but the Gmail App is great and much better than just regular push through Apple anyway.

Posted with my Z10 or my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    I use the native email client with Gmail and emails arrive instantly. A better email client for the iphone is Mailbox which allows you to archive and mark as read, an email without opening it.
    10-21-13 01:04 AM
    There are several apps that support true IMAP IDLE on iPhone, such as Sparrow. Android also requires an app if I understand it. Additionally, not all IMAP servers support it. They need to be configured and the right version. I have never heard users state the iPhone natively supports IMAP IDLE. I have seen numerous posters claim it has push through EAS, which is 100% true. You are trying too hard to make a point like you were lied to, or the iPhone is inferior despite what people say, etc. Get another phone if you are upset, such as a BB that supports true IDLE.
    Belfast Dispatcher, you need a Z30! Sell the iphone 5 on Craigslist.
    10-21-13 01:06 AM
    Gmail is not my worry, that's just a personal email, my hosted imap idle email accounts that I use for work are a worry. I'll probably just run it as an iPod touch.

Posted via CB10
    Okay. Now I understand your problem. Just got to this post now.
    10-21-13 01:10 AM
    I use the native email client with Gmail and emails arrive instantly. A better email client for the iphone is Mailbox which allows you to archive and mark as read, an email without opening it.
    Check out this post I did a few days ago:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-sigh-858243/

I am an extremely high volume email user (not that you all are not, I'm just making my position known), and my BlackBerry "Push" accounts on BB10 are all over the place.

Long story short, with the testing, log files sent to BlackBerry CS for analysis, device wiping, wifi-toggling, etc..etc..., the only service that TRULY delivered INSTANTANEOUS email when the sender clicked SEND (minus the handful of times the servers were down), was BlackBerry Internet Service, or more commonly BIS.

We can all get into a debate on iOS vs Droid vs BB10 email delivery, but the protocols are all the same. It's a crap shoot most of the time. Sometimes, my email comes in INSTANTLY on bb10. Other times it's 10 minutes late, while my other iOS devices already have it. I have a pretty decent sized case open with BlackBerry technical support, and am sending them 5-10 log files a day when I notice email is not coming in when it should, but let's all face the music. If you want 99.9% instant email delivery, you're better off staying with BIS and BES.

That being said, I truly hope BlackBerry does fix the problems with their push system in OS10, making it surpass the iOS and Droid ones, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I definitely don't want to accept this current push system as the new 'standard'. I'm hanging in there, like I said, sending logs and logs and logs, to hopefully get to the bottom of this all.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    Last edited by Wayne_Enterprises; 10-21-13 at 01:49 AM.
    10-21-13 01:14 AM
    Not true. Gmail is push with the native email client. The setting does say fetch, but the email arrives on my iphone before it arrives on my PC. Test it.
    Gmail is push on the native app only if you have it set up as Exchange, and you can only set it up as Exchange if you fall under one of two categories:

1. You use paid Google Apps
    2. You are grandfathered in from having your device set up to use Exchange before Jan. 30 2013.

If you try to set up a new device as Exchange after the cutoff date, it will fail.
    10-21-13 01:28 AM
    Gmail is push on the native app only if you have it set up as Exchange, and you can only set it up as Exchange if you fall under one of two categories:

2. You are grandfathered in from having your device set up to use Exchange before Jan. 30 2013.

If you try to set up a new device as Exchange after the cutoff date, it will fail.
    Yes, you are correct. My Gmail is pushed because I was grand fathered. Here is some more info on this:

Did you lose Gmail over Exchange when you upgraded to a new iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c? Here are your alternatives... such as they are... | iMore
    10-21-13 01:35 AM

Here is another work around if your Gmail account was not grand fathered:

Receive push Gmail alerts on iOS after losing ActiveSync support | How To - CNET
    10-21-13 01:37 AM
    Check out this post I did a few days ago:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-sigh-858243/

I am an extremely high volume email user (not that you all are not, I'm just making my position known), and my BlackBerry "Push" accounts on BB10 are all over the place.

Long story short, with the testing, log files sent to BlackBerry CS for analysis, device wiping, wifi-toggling, etc..etc..., the only service that TRULY delivered INSTANTANEOUS email when the sender clicked SEND (minus the handful of times the servers were down), was BlackBerry Internet Service, or more commonly BIS.

We can all get into a debate on iOS vs Droid vs BB10 email delivery, but the protocols are all the same. It's a crap shoot most of the time. Sometimes, my email comes in INSTANTLY on bb10. Other times it's 10 minutes late, while my other iOS devices already have it. I have a pretty decent sized case open with BlackBerry technical support, and am sending them 5-10 log files a day when I notice email is not coming in when it should, but let's all face the music. If you want 99.9% instant email delivery, you're better off staying with BIS and BES.

That being said, I truly hope BlackBerry does fix the problems with their push system in OS10, making it surpass the iOS and Droid ones, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I definitely don't want to accept this current push system as the new 'standard'. I'm hanging in there, like I said, sending logs and logs and logs, to hopefully get to the bottom of this all.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    The explanation is very simple, in ideal situations imap idle is push ie when you sit in the same place connected to the same wifi network/cell tower. Problem arise when you move about and that problem is the server doesn't know where to push the new emails and it has to wait until the phone pings the server to tell it where it is.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 02:00 AM
    The explanation is very simple, in ideal situations imap idle is push ie when you sit in the same place connected to the same wifi network/cell tower. Problem arise when you move about and that problem is the server doesn't know where to push the new emails and it has to wait until the phone pings the server to tell it where it is.

Posted via CB10
    Have to say, I respectfully disagree. Have been in the same place for hours (office and home) on LTE and WiFi testing and still have issues. I think your logic isn't really...solid.
    10-21-13 02:04 AM
    Have to say, I respectfully disagree. Have been in the same place for hours (office and home) on LTE and WiFi testing and still have issues. I think your logic isn't really...solid.
    Well that's the general explanation, BB10 has a host of other problems like the SMTP bug for example. What om saying is even if it worked perfect it will never be as fast and reliable as BIS/BES email.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 02:22 AM
    PUSH Email indeed was the forte of BB,it was always a winner
    10-21-13 02:25 AM

I just checked my Gmail settings. On my new iphone 5S, EAS stopped working for Gmail. I set up Gmail with the native email client under "Add Google Account". The email account setup as an IMAP account and I do have push Gmail on my iphone using the native iOS mail client.

I use Carddav and Caldav for realtime contacts and calendar updates from my Google account.

Gmail is true push on an iphone without EAS.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/sma...your-iphone-5/
    10-21-13 02:27 AM
    I just checked my Gmail settings. On my new iphone 5S, EAS stopped working for Gmail. I set up Gmail with the native email client under "Add Google Account". The email account setup as an IMAP account and I do have push Gmail on my iphone using the native iOS mail client.

I use Carddav and Caldav for realtime contacts and calendar updates from my Google account.

Gmail is true push on an iphone without EAS.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/sma...your-iphone-5/
    Well it's not on my iPhone 5, fetch only settings.
    10-21-13 02:36 AM
    Yahoo is pushed, iCloud is pushed, outlook.com is pushed, My hosted gmail is pushed, other accounts are pushed also, check with your hosting provider on their protocols. The iPhone will probably never support imapidle, I've been complaing about that since day one but if other providers can push to the iPhone it's possible your provider can do something to make it work.

Soooo, again, where are all those people that have been telling me for years iPhones have push email? The only push email they have is exchange, not even imap idle, which BB had for years, on BIS and now on BB10.
    10-21-13 08:38 AM
48 12